Minimal backup

• Hi, Vivaldi is my very first contact with a chrom* family's browser. Yesterday I realized the /profile folder of my standalone installation is > 100MB. :ohmy: Q: Is it really required to backup the entire[i] /profile[/i] to restore my config at any time later? I have hoped that here are at least some sub-structures that could be easily skipped from backup, for example - [i]/profile/Default/Cache[/i] - [i]/profile/Default/Storage[/i] - [i][color=#4444ff]/something/more[/color][/i]? Any help/feedback is appreciated. someone Btw, this is my little Opera installers history: [code]ow32dede511.exe ow32enen600.exe ow32enen751.exe ow32enen754u2.exe ow32enen851.exe Opera_964_classic_Setup.exe Opera_1000_classic_Setup.exe Opera_1164_int_Setup.exe Opera_1215_int_Setup.exe[/code] I'm really, really happy that the genuine Opera mindset now is about to rise again! :woohoo:

• @someone:

Hi,
    Yesterday I realized the /profile folder of my standalone installation is > 100MB. :ohmy:

Don't forget clean your cache from vivaldi://history (Clear browsing data…)

• Hi anephew,

@anephew:

Don't forget clean your cache from vivaldi://history (Clear browsing data…)

I would like to keep my history in my working Vivaldi instance but exclude it from my backups only. So the question rather is in what files the history gets saved.

someone

• Well,

here's my current list of exclusions, based on my assumption skipping those items doesn't raise any security issues. :whistle:

Folders (robocopy /XD)
    [ul]

• V_HOME\Profile\Default\DefCache
    • V_HOME\Profile\Default\GPUCache
    • V_HOME\Profile\Default\Media Cache
    • V_HOME\Profile\Default\Storage
      [/ul]

Files(robocopy /XF)
    [ul]

• V_HOME\Profile\Safe Browsing Bloom
    • V_HOME\Profile\Default\Top Sites
      [/ul]

someone

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.