src="https://update.vivaldi.com/stats/piwik.php?idsite=1&rec=1&bots=1" style="border:0;" alt=""

The function that remembers the zoom of individual pages

• I think it would be useful to add the function that remembers the zoom of individual pages.
    For example: I use 140% zoom for youtube, 120% zoom for facebook, 125% zoom for Instagram etc...
    Unfortunately, when I close tab with e.g. youtube and then I open that page again, I have to once again set zoom that fits my screen.
    This function occurs in Chrome and Firefox, so it would be so nice to add this in Vivaldi :thumbsup: regards :)

• @arael If I am not mistaken, saved sessions will do this. Try it and see if it helps.

• Thanks for the answer :slight_smile:
    Saved sessions will do this until you close the tab.
    As I wrote: "Unfortunately, when I close tab with e.g. youtube and then I open that page again, I have to once again set zoom that fits my screen."

• @arael A saved session remembers the zoom setting for each tab in the session. Reopen the session, not just one tab, and all tabs will be zoomed as before.

You can open sessions in a new window, or in the same window.

• @Pesala Yes, a saved session remembers the zoom setting, but when you close tab, the zoom setting expired.

Reopen the session, not just one tab, and all tabs will be zoomed as before.

Yes, it is work, but sometimes we have to close some tabs, then Vivaldi forgets the zoom setting.
    For example:
    I have 10 open tabs (10 different webpages, 10 different zoom settings) in Vivaldi and I close 4 tabs (I don't need them at this moment).
    So 6 tabs is still open.
    Then I close Vivaldi.
    Next I open Vivaldi again, with reopen the session, I have back 6 tabs with saved zoom settings.
    Now, when I want open one of page that I close before, I have to set zoom again, because it was reset when I closed tab with this page before.
    For comparison Chrome and Firefox remembers the zoom settings for each page, even after closing tabs and open new session.

• @arael said in The function that remembers the zoom of individual pages:

I have 10 open tabs (10 different webpages, 10 different zoom settings)

Save them as a session. When you need them again, reopen the session. I am not talking about quitting Vivaldi and restarting with the saved session.

Saving and Opening Sessions is on the File menu, but you can also assign shortcuts and mouse gestures. So, instead of Ctrl Z or Ctrl Shift T to reopen a closed tab, or Ctrl O to open a tab, you could use Ctrl Shift O to open a saved session.

• @Pesala said in The function that remembers the zoom of individual pages:

@arael said in The function that remembers the zoom of individual pages:

I have 10 open tabs (10 different webpages, 10 different zoom settings)

Save them as a session. When you need them again, reopen the session.

But I don't want to use all the same tabs with the same webpages. It was only example. I open different pages every day. Saving session is solution only in the specific situations.

I wrote about simple function that browser remember zoom of pages that user set. And even if I opened a page in a month the browser will remember that month earlier I set zoom of this page on 125%.

Thank you for the suggestion, but it is not the solution, about which I write all the time.

The idea is simple. I open the website. Changing the zoom. Browser remembers automatically.

@arael: The setting is "use tab zoom."

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.