Eating a lot memory

• Hi,

How this is can happend?
    alt text

Please help

I love vivaldi

Thank you

@calonton - That's a valid question. Mine reads 241.0 MB and 0.3% CPU. Which branch of Windows are you on - and do you use Vivaldi 32-bit or 64-bit? And are you running any extensions, and/or is one of your tabs handling (or failing at) some huge job?

• @Ayespy I'm using laptop and pc

laptop (core i7 3632qm/8GB/win10 x64 home sl) ==> vivaldi 64 bit
    pc (core i7 4790/24GB/win10 x64 pro) ==> vivaldi 64 bit

extension vivaldi both for laptop and pc:

• adguard blocker
    • betternet unlimited
    • downloads - your downlad
    • easy auto refresh
    • IDM
    • lastpass
    • webrank seo
    • xmarks (disabled)

For laptop is working fine even i open tab 20+ (not include pin tabs)
    for pc issue start from opening (14 pin tabs included) and memory keep increasing

I use both laptop and pc, same data, same tabs (14 pin tabs), same extensions, same vivaldi version

@calonton: Is your security software the same on both machines? The steady escalation has been seen with security software continually filtering Vivaldi's access to files (because the software doesn't know what Vivaldi is, and doesn't trust it) and has also rarely been seen with graphics hardware incompatibilities. Offhand, I can't think of other reasons off the top of my head why the "identical" installs on two machines would behave so differently.

• @Ayespy Yes, for security software using same software malwarebytes, superantispyware, and windows defender.
    laptop : AMD Radeon HD 7650M
    pc : AMD Radeon R7 360

• @Ayespy Currently i'm using for laptop only, but hope working too in my pc, cos vivaldi is better browser for my jobs

@calonton:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=malwarebytes makes internet browsing slow

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/01/antivirus-is-bad/

I personally don't use 3rd party security software at all. I use safe browsing habits and a secure network. Over fifteen years without an infection or malware of any kind.

• @Ayespy I already disabled malwarebytes and superantispyware but issue remain the same :(

• Vivaldi Translator

@Ayespy

I personally don't use 3rd party security software at all. I use safe browsing habits and a secure network. Over fifteen years without an infection or malware of any kind.

Ha, soo same. :laughing:
    Well, except the years part.

@calonton - Disabling does not get security software's fingers out of the operation of the system. Only removal does.

• @Ayespy Ok I will try it

@calonton: No guarantees. But at least that will rule it out, if it doesn't help. Then there are a couple of things one can check as to hardware.

@calonton Try opening internal Task Manager (Menu > Tools > Task Manager or [SHIFT]+[ESC] by default) to check which tab (or process) is using so much memory in Vivaldi - maybe this will help you find some clues as to what causes that memory leak...

• Probably, if you often use several tabs opened at the same time like me, you should consider to use an extension like this to reduce the ram usage.
    There are some other tips you can try here
    Usually (without suspension), I got 4gb~ of ram usage, with something like 50+ tabs opened, which maybe is pretty normal.
    Try also disabling all extensions where you have issues, and renabling one by one.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.