Configurable top-level domain expansion

• I see this is something that can be changed in the Address Bar Settings. But would someone be kind enough to explain just what this does? Thank you!

• @dac1
    It some kind of auto complete.
    For example, the default there is com, isn't it?
    Now go to address bar enter vivaldi then press CTRL+ENTER. The com will placed as suffix and our browser will go to vivaldi.com.

• @dLeon Thanks! I have been looking for this feature and did not know it was already baked in. Appreciate the reply.

• Its description says:

Separate multiple values by space or comma.

But how to get the other values to work?
    Ctrl+Enter only triggers the 1st one.
    I thought there would be a list to select from...

• @vias
    I think, the current way to achieve it currently weird at best.

I had these set;
    com net edu

When I visit vivaldi.com, Vivaldi browser will load the page. I need to wait until it finish. Make sure focus on Address Bar, hit Ctrl+Enter, .com become .net. In this case, I landed to forum.vivaldi.net as vivaldi.net seem linked to it. Hit Ctrl+Enter again, .netbecome .edu which lead to no where.

Personally, I don't think "Real world use" above will be used at all by common user. How many famous sites has multiple Top Level Domain?

I thought there would be a list to select from...

That would be more comfortable.

• @dLeon said in Configurable top-level domain expansion:

When I visit vivaldi.com, Vivaldi browser will load the page. I need to wait until it finish. Make sure focus on Address Bar, hit Ctrl+Enter, .com become .net. In this case, I landed to forum.vivaldi.net as vivaldi.net seem linked to it. Hit Ctrl+Enter again, .netbecome .edu which lead to no where.

Not acceptable if it's a finished design.
    Don't see the usefulness.

@Vivaldi-Moderators
    Is this another known issue?

• @vias said in Configurable top-level domain expansion:

What do you think is a issue? Please explain.

• @Gwen-Dragon
    Please read the whole thread and test this feature.
    dLeon and I think it should be something like Auto Complete (with a list to select from).
    We (at least I) don't think the behavior at the moment is just as expected.

• @vias said in Configurable top-level domain expansion:

No, it is not an issue.
    Expanding with Ctrl+Enter is designed like this.

But if you think it is a bug, please report the issue to the developers to check and fix it.

How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
    Report each bug seperately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    Add some information about extensions you use.
    Add information about the operating system and version you use.
    if you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics card/GPU.
    Add a link to a testpage where the issue comes up and can be tested.
    After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
    In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.
    If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.