Saving settings

• Hi all, I'm Simone.
    Again me...
    I don't know if there it is but I've not seen it so I ask.

Could you add an option for saving Vivaldi settings and upload them in another Vivaldi session, just for not to have set up all the times

Simone

• Hi Simone,
    I am afraid that this feature is still in the making and not ready yet (will definitely come though)

So far there only is way to back up your user data and you can use this data to make your start in a freshly installed vivaldi a bit smoother but it doesn't really suit for synchronising two or more installations over a longer time.
    Because you would need to copy after every use - of installation A - all data to installation B and the other way around so they have the same history and bookmarks etc.

For instructions you might want to read https://help.vivaldi.com/article/full-reset-of-vivaldi/
    Skip the first part (this only comes in handy when your profile is corrupted and you really need to reset) and start reading from "Back up some Vivaldi information"

• Motes said in Saving settings:

Could you add an option for saving Vivaldi settings and upload them in another Vivaldi session, just for not to have set up all the times

If both/all your computers would have their profile at exactly the same path, then SyncThing might be what you're looking for in the meantime.

This would require both/all computers running Linux / OSX with the same username (not necessarily the same display name) or both/all computers running the same version of Windows (since user content gets moved around in different versions of Windows: C:\Documents and Settings in one version, C:\Users in another, etc.)

If the profile would be at a different path on one computer, a simple sync of the unaltered foreign profile would probably run into problems sooner or later.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.