Downloading doesn't work



  • I tried to download a file of 25 MB. Vivaldi downloaded 16 MB, then slowed down to a few kB (!), then after fifteen minutes, it stopped completely. I tried to download it several times, with the same result. I opened Edge, tried to download the file - and it took 7 seconds.

    And it's not the first time. When I bought an album (wav format) few days back , Vivaldi showed the estimated download time 58 hours. I contacted my provider and they were baffled, because my connection speed seemed okay (I have fiber internet with the download speed 300 MB/s). I tried Edge - and I got it downloaded in 3 minutes.

    In fact, it's about 99% of cases - I feel like doing a happy dance whenever Vivaldi actually manages to download the file. The issue started at the beginning of January, until then it worked fine.

    I don't know what's wrong, but if it continues, I'll have to switch to a more reliable browser.


  • Moderator

    @Ventis: probably not the browser. Something on your machine or network is interfering with Vivaldi downloads.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.