RSS Reader on Web Panels Workaround

• Wow, I just installed Vivaldi today and I'm already loving it. I'm just saddened it doesn't have a native RSS reader yet. But considering it's on 1.6, it shows great promise!

Even though RSS is not built-in to Vivaldi, I seem to have found a workaround. The end result of this workaround is something like RockMelt, if you still remember that GORGEOUS browser, which had its feeds in a sidebar just like web panels.

And you can get this in 3 easy steps:

1. Sign up for a basic RSS reader called "Feedspot".

2. Once signed in and imported your feeds, organize your feeds into different folders, to your preference.

3. Navigate to a specific folder, and once it's done loading, add it to the Web Panel.

Voila! A simple way to get your RSS feeds on the web panel, with image thumbnail and snippet of the news. You can even middle-click the article title to open it in a new background tab!

The only downside is that regardless of the feed/folder, the icon will always be Feedspot's and not the original feed's.

Hope this comes in handy for someone!

• Great idea, but unfortunately doesn't work for sites where you need an authenticated session for.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.