No Vivaldi Mail Incoming Mail Notifications

• So, I tried Vivaldi Mail today for the first time. If it hadn't been for a friend giving me the heads up that Vivaldi Mail was not giving notifications of Incoming Mail, I wouldn't have known I already had 3 E-mails in my Inbox. Is there a setting I'm supposed to set to get notifications of Incoming Vivaldi Mail or should this be added to the Bugs list?

• Sunny, regresa… y, te lo explicamos en español B)

• @Suntana:

Is there a setting I'm supposed to set to get notifications of Incoming Vivaldi Mail or should this be added to the Bugs list?

There is no setting yet that I know of. The email program is separate from the rest of the site, as you have noticed, though you get a simultaneous login. I will add a email notifications feature to the requested feature list.

Thank you for your continued feedback, by the way. It may not seem like we're listening, but some of the long-standing and/or larger requests require more involved programming or changes that are not easily made on the current setup. And we are a very small team, currently.

• That would be great, Debbie!

Teresa and Semi were explaining to me how the Mail component was a separate program from Vivaldi … similar to say, using gmail in conjunction with Opera Browser and thus, Opera Browser NOT being expected to provide notifications of Incoming gmail.

As I told Teresa and Semi, yeah, I definitely see that point. However, it was proven on MyOpera that it CAN be done. You know ... the concept of having Vivaldi provide notifications from the separate Mail component. In other words, I didn't feel I was asking for the impossible.

It would be a win win situation. That it would benefit us members is a given. As to how it'd benefit Vivaldi? It would be a great perk / bell / whistle that Vivaldi would be offering, making it stand out from the competition. The more Vivaldi can stand out from the competition, the more new members it can attract.

Anyway ... thanks for adding this to the requested features list, Debbie.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.