Browser screenshots - Vivaldi Browser snapshot 1.7.704.3
We have one last gift for you before the holiday period begins, our first 1.7 snapshot! With it comes a new 1.7 feature, the ablity to take screenshots of web pages or even the browser itself!
No promises but we are also working on one more little gift for the linux users which we hope to get out before the holidays. A fix for an issue some Ubuntu users are having with HTML5 video and audio.
dicks last edited by
Too bad, bookmarks no longer open in a new tab but open in the active tab. Please fix.
sure, thanks for the report
paralaks last edited by
Might help some people until fix is ready I figured issue was caused by chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra package update on my system. I downgraded it to version 53.0.xxx and it works fine.
Indeed that will work as a workaround.
After investigating a little more it would seem that Ubuntu has moved the directory for their copy of Chromium patched libffmpeg.so, which we use.
On Ubuntu 14.04, the latest chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra package is 53.0.2785.143 and it stores the libffmpeg.so in /usr/lib/chromium-browser/libs. However, on Ubuntu 16.04 and 16.10 the latest chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra package is 55.0.2883.87, which stores libffmpeg.so in /usr/lib/chromium-browser.
We only look in /usr/lib/chromium-browser/libs. To fix this we need to look in both locations, so that all users are covered no matter their Ubuntu version or which chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra package is installed.
P.S. We are testing a fix internally now.
T_T08i last edited by
Thanks for this new feature!
A couple of suggestions on how it can be improved:
- The option to choose where to save the image, instead of saving it in a default folder
- Being able to draw notes on the webpage, before capturing. Then you can highlight important things on the page before making a screenshot of it. Those important things are then easy to find on the screenshot.
nSheep last edited by
Search in PDF crashes Vivaldi (VB-24128)
Yaay, my first report that got fixed. Thank you very much, searching in catalogues in my work will be much more pleasant now.
Gregor last edited by
I wanted to thanks for VB-20332, but it still not working, only for me?
greenenemy last edited by
Selection doesn't work, always captures whole screen. bug?
Inactive on speeddial.
File names could be better eg. d-m-y-siteaddress.jpg
NSANE last edited by
That's a pretty awesome feature! Since I don't use a status bar (only when hovering links), any way we can have this replicated somewhere else? There's plenty of space in the panels or address bar.
Thank you so much for right click on extensions! Finally
- VB-23176 - Vivaldi fails to close properly and maxes Disk Usage to 100% (haven't seen this one in the last 3-4 builds).
My Vivaldi Wishlist
1. In-line Developer Tools [VB-2776]: support for in-line (not popup) Developer Tools.
2. Native Windows 10 Notifications: Currently Vivaldi uses Chrome notifications and they appear on top of my tabs.
3. Edit Speed Dial URLs with an "Edit" Context Menu option: Currently we have to use the Bookmarks Menu to do that. I don't ever use the Bookmarks menu.
Allow Settings for extensions right in the address bar for better UX.
5. Allow reordering of Speed Dial Tabs [VB-218]
6. Allow customization of Speed Dial thumbnails
7. M3: Let us set up the feeds refresh interval to at least 5 or 15 minutes.
archive1 last edited by
- still waiting for context menu for bookmarks/bookmark folder in bookmark bar
Thanks for the report Gregor, the fix has been confirmed as not working for everyone, and is being investigated again, thanks!
Selection seems to be based on where you start, starting from the top gives correct selection for me, but not when going from the bottom.
D0J0P last edited by
Can you provide the option to grayscale tabs on hibernation? It's not something I want.
wojtek last edited by
It could be cool if vivaldin would start maximised allways
also - password manager works selectively (for example here doesn't work) and it don't allow entering details with two-page login (google for example)
Wow, thanks for this gift Very nice feature. Also thanks very much for VB-9681 !!!
Also, I wish you all the Vivaldi team, blessed holidays and happy new year. Good luck in the new year, and a lot of satisfied users
T_T08i last edited by
I like the idea of grayscaling favicons on hibernated tabs, but on http://www.nytimes.com/ it is not really visible, because its favicon is black. Could this distinction be made more clear?
Alexs last edited by
We already have a few ideas of how we can improve this further but as always, we would love to hear your suggestions as well.
• Vivaldi saved the captures without asking on ~/Pictures/Vivaldi Captures/
– Better save with asking or in download folder.
• The filename is very cryptic, better with Timestamps:
– e.g. vivaldi-[translate]-%H-%M-%S.png/jpg
• Better border color when select (on dark page i can't see the border).
Panino last edited by
Good to know, this bug almost ruined Christmas, which makes me mad. Vivaldi coming along so nicely and Linux getting in the way. This is why the Year of Linux on Desktop continues as a fools dream.