Minor update to Vivaldi 1.6 - Translation improvements
Today we released a minor upgrade to Vivaldi 1.6 to fix a few translation issues and upgrade our Chomium engine to the latest stable version (55.0.2883.98).
Ha, I've beaten you Ruarí
Anyway, this chromium bump should fix some rendering bugs in Mac, right?
I had to manually check for updates as there wasn't any pop up notification of this .40 update.
Hi. With this release, I still find that moving a tab stack to a new window then back to the original window (via menus, not DnD) results in frozen blank tabs.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch Vivaldi (browser opens with a Start Page tab)
2. Help / Community (opens a Vivaldi Blog tab)
3. Help / Community (opens another Vivaldi Blog tab)
4. Help / Community (opens yet another Vivaldi Blog tab)
5. Shift-click on each Vivaldi Blog tab to select it
6. Right-click on the selected tabs / New Tab Stack with Selection (3 Tabs)
7. Right-click on tab stack / Move Tab Stack to New Window
8. Right-click on tab stack / Move Tab Stack to Window with 1 Active Tab (Start Page)
-> Tab stack moves back to the original window but only one of the tabs in the stack is working; the other two are frozen blank tabs.
I'm running OS X 10.11.6, and @Ayespy has confirmed it on Win10 as well. Are you currently tracking this issue or do I need to file a bug report?
Keep on Vivaldi! A small regression: Unpin tab through the keyboard shortcut doesn't work after the first 1.6 stable update.
Hmmm… For perhaps the first time ever, the delta auto update discarded my session. I've seen people complain of this, but it never happened to me before. Fortunately, cookies and passwords appear intact.
Thanks for the fixes!
Any plans to eventually support wildcards in the bookmark URL like %s ?
I was luckier - it worked without problems
I don't think it's a regression. The command is "Pin Tab," and as far as I know, that's all it has ever done.
It could be a toggle, but it's not. I reported this as a bug/feature request already.
(VB-23552) Shortcut to Pin Tab Does not Unpin it.
I suppose it would be safest to save the session before upgrading. I haven't had this issue yet but don't want it either.
probably the update is only for the stable branch and not for the snapshots
I had the stable 1.6.689.34
One feature would be nice to have - Open link in another browser or program. "Normal" browser vendors don't like the idea that someone dares to use different program but Vivaldi is not normal. And reality is that some things work better in different browser. Windows world is one: sites that need IE but I also can think other situations. (I found for example https://www.choosyosx.com/ )
I had two small issues with this update :
- First, I was playing a game on my main screen while playing a Youtube video in Vivaldi on my second screen when the update notification poped-up. The poping-up got the focus from Windows, and my game was minimized without warning. I don't think it should do that. Maybe the update pop-up should only take focus when Vivaldi has the focus ?
- Second, after the update, Vivaldi apparently restarded (judging from the Windows tasks manager where I could see the Vivaldi processes), but no window opened. It might have something to do with the fact that when I updated, Vivaldi was on my second screen, and it somehow got lost when restarting ? I don't know…
I'm using Windows 10 64bits.
I need to write about a bug that is really annoying to me. On linux mint - cinnamon, when you open new vivaldi window. There is a gap between top of the screen and tab. About 4mm. And that gap just drives me crazy But when you click another window, could be file manager or pidgin it snaps to the top of the screen. Could it be like this when I open vivaldi? If I don't have another program to click, I need to grab vivaldi window, drag it down a little and than snap again to the upper edge. And I have to do this, because I can't stand that gap there
wooo thanks for the chromium jump, nice present
Bookmark bar (in vivaldi setting)
Alt + Enter
Shift + Enter
I'm curious, how are you planning to use this ? Every use of the wildcard I can think of is related to a search engine, hence I find it normal that the wildcard usage is only for search engines..?
Yeah. If I cared about sessions, which I don't (especially on Stable, which I only open for testing). But I know it drives some users nutz, so I thought I'd mention it.
Any web developer needs to test sites in several different browsers. The Open In menu in Opera 12.17 let's you do this easily. The difficulty may lie in getting Vivaldi to launch executable files for security reasons.