Easier tab selection by domain - Vivaldi Browser snapshot 1.5.676.6
This week has been a very successful one for us, with the release of the 1.5 final but we have not let up. Today we have 20+ new fixes for you and a very interesting new feature related to tab management. We also did some work on our startup procedure and would love to hear feedback on if you notice any difference.
I posted first, I win the stupid game!
I win the stupid game!
There's nothing like a sore winner… :lol:
- Tips hat *
Same problem as with last snapshot. Attempting to drag this address:
from the address bar of an incognito window into the address space of a new bookmark in the side panel, inserts only this:
Win 7 64, V 32
Woah, the Speed Dials are really big, and are cut off a bit at the ends on the right side. Is that intentional?
Waiting for chromium update and cruel bug safari before new features iteration.
I win the "stupid" game
Congratulation at being the greatest stupid we ever saw !! :lol:
Seems unchanged to me on Win 7.
Lots of fixes already. So far so good, cheers!
Thanks for alt+enter in search fix ( hopefully we will get an option directly in settings to open all searches in new tabs without using alt+enter at some point ) and great to see the V icon taking now all top left corner, also interesting stuff for selecting all tabs of a same domain, will certainly help.
No speed difference noticed but it takes barely 2 seconds to open and display after the click, hard to notice when it's fast already.
Same here with Kubuntu 16.10
Thanks, I learned everything I know about being stupid from you, my dear friend!
1. If tabs from the same domain are in a tab-stack, only related tabs in the stack are selected within the tab-stack on double-click
2. If tabs from the same domain are in a tab-stack, none are included on double-clicking at related tab outside the stack,
Maybe both of these are "By Design"?
Speed Dial icons seem bigger to me, but I don't notice anything cut off.
My max columns is set to 6.
But if I unmaximize the window and make it narrower, at some widths the Speed Dial icons will get cut off before they reflow into a lesser number of columns.
If all tabs in the same domain are selected, should double-clicking a second time unselect them?
I tested it out by opening a bunch of tabs on the Vivaldi forums. All the tabs were selected, which was good. But, when I went to close one tab, because they were all selected, I unintentionally closed all the tabs. So, it would probably make sense if double-clicking a second time would have unselected the tabs in the same domain.
Lets continue with my annoyances while starting the path for 1.6!
- VB-23176 - Vivaldi fails to close properly and maxes Disk Usage to 100%
My Vivaldi Wishlist
1. In-line Developer Tools [VB-2776]: support for in-line (not popup) Developer Tools.
2. Native Windows 10 Notifications: Currently Vivaldi uses Chrome notifications and they appear on top of my tabs.
3. Edit Speed Dial URLs with an "Edit" Context Menu option: Currently we have to use the Bookmarks Menu to do that. I don't ever use the Bookmarks menu.
4. Allow Settings for extensions right in the address bar for better UX.
5. Allow reordering of Speed Dial Tabs [VB-218]
6. Allow customization of Speed Dial thumbnails
7. M3: Let us set up the feeds refresh interval to at least 5 or 15 minutes.
I don't know how to post the picture here of my screenshot, but the SD thumbnails on the right are cut off a bit, as they're now all bigger.
Now that Vivaldi has this tabs-by-domain feature, and considering that what seems like half of Vivaldi's features have to do with colors, might it not be the natural time to introduce the feature that IE has had since IE9: color-coded tabs?
I was thinking, Vivaldi is getting really stable. It's not super stable, but it's definitely very stable compared to, say, a year ago. I remember last year it was still pretty buggy.
Right now, my few pet bugs are Twitter videos don't play on 3rd party sites, and mouse cursor stays on the screen during fullscreen videos or even when it hovers over non-fullscreen videos, which I hope is fixed soon. I know you can move it out of the way, but that opens up the player, and is just a workaround.
Other than that, and bringing open/close tab animations, smoother transition to fullscreen videos when you click it to make it fullscreen, History page/panel, and Sync, vertical tab list cycler, and you'll have a modern, almost full-featured browser.