Speed dial Improvement

• I think Vivaldi Speed dial will look better if instead of thumbnails of sties it should use site logos as the speed dial. There is no point in the thumbnails of site because its almost impossible to see it and it looks ugly. This new feature will work wonders for this new web browser !

• @SulemanLohar:

I think Vivaldi Speed dial will look better if instead of thumbnails of sties it should use site logos as the speed dial. There is no point in the thumbnails of site because its almost impossible to see it and it looks ugly. This new feature will work wonders for this new web browser !

I don't agree, I consider the thumbnails way better than the logos.

But, as usual, is matter of personal preferences and and an alternate speed dial (like on Opium) is surely a good thing.

• @olli:

Yeah we have been thinking about providing the user a option somehow, it's on our "wants" list :-)

From: https://vivaldi.net/forum/vivaldi-browser/1314-speed-dial#12171

• Look at FVD Speed Dial for Firefox and Chrome. It is highly customizable, it uses tabs, tiles can be thumbnails or icons, title and url are optional, changeable wallpaper, it can disable search, has resizable tiles and more. It can sync between Chrome and Firefox (both Speed Dial & bookmarks). The Firefox version can also backup to a local file. It has everything that I was asking Opera for from 2008 to it's Chopera demise. I does work with the current version.

I use 384 tiles/links (163x112) in 12 tabs (7x6 grid). Tiles use icons only and tabs are categorized by task; work: personal, financial, news, Firefox, browsers, software, etc. Bookmarks (1200+) are my reference library. Compared to the 25 laptop users that I support this seems excessive but I am the one who ends up solving their computer problems.

Vivaldi should have access to the Chrome store, it doesn't plan on developing items on the wish list relative soon.

Note: My default browsers: Cyberfox 35-64, Iron 39 and Opera 12.15. Testing: Firefox 35-38

• There are enough simple browser on the market! If Vivaldi really want to be successor of Opera 12 it should provide choice for users. There are some users that like logos and that's ok. I on the other hand LOVE thumbnails on my speed dial. They are set to appropriate resolution and I have no problem seeing titles, headlines and photos on them. Every single one is set to refresh after custom time period. For me it's almost like visual rss reader :) I wouldn't use Vivaldi if they weren't provide options from Opera 12. I have grid 5 horizontal by 5 vertical = 22 sites + 3 speed dial extensions. One look and I see all :)

• I have always liked the option of choosing or providing speed dial thumbnails of my own design or from website logo's that I have found online.
    In the older versions of Opera a user could access the cached thumbnail images and change them for .png files of their own choosing. I wonder if Vivaldi stores those images locally so that one could do the same.
    I've tried the FVD speed dial option as proposed by another submitter on this page and although it works very well I would like an option to do so native to Vivaldi.
    On a similar topic I have very successfully installed the CRX mouse gesture extension from the Chrome webstore and now use it exclusively.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.