How Vivaldi can help you in school

• Vivaldi Team

School has started and here are 4 Vivaldi tips to help you succeed through the semester and be more productive. Whether you’re in elementary school, middle school, high school, college or grad school, using Vivaldi will ensure you’re ahead of the curve.

See the full blog post here

• Great functions! Thank you for adding native form all these and other functions in Vivaldi! :D

I would like to see these features as options within the Vivaldi. :)
    I left these suggestions in the forum, I hope to see them in the future. :)

link preview in popup :)
    Same as the old extension for firefox Cool Previews: cool-previews.br.uptodown.com/windows

This option would also be amazing! For a link on hold, and has an extension for Firefox : addons.mozilla.org/pt-BR/firefox/addon/open-link-in-silent-tab/.

Sorry for my English, this browser really good! Thank you! :)

• You know what? It'd be great if there were some sort of indication that "Add selection as new note" worked in adding a new note. Kind of like how Firefox shows it it added a new bookmark by moving the bookmark to the list. It makes you aware that it worked. Just an idea I had now. Same could also be done for tab hibernation.

• An indication would indeed be great for a confirmation that a new note has been added!

I think that an indicator on a hibernated tab (just like an unread indicator, but in a different corner, or another visual clue on the tab) is more useful, because you can then see that you hibernated a tab and you can see this always on all the hibernated tabs, instead of just once. Then you always know whether a tab is hibernated or not.

• How about displaying full name of a tab?

• If you hide Tab Thumbnail Popups then the full Title of the tab is shown in a tooltip.

• Yes, I'm always checking my notes panel if the note was successfully added, so I think that would be great.

I think it'd be great if a transparent note logo along with "+1" or something like that popped out of the left-hand side of the screen(where the note panel button is, or wherever the user put their panel) that shows that we successfully added a new notes or something like that. Same could be done with bookmarks and downloads.

On tab hibernation, I don't want some permanent indicator, just something to show the tab was successfully hibernated.

• Damn, sad you didn't mention web panels, as some discussed on the other thread, that they use web panels for having google translate open all the time for quick translations.
    You could have whatever open in a web panel, like wolframalpha all the time, or a translating page, or … well, pretty much what ever.
    Just saying, the web panels can be very helpful :)

• @Magnus Peter Langeland:

What’s your favorite feature when doing studying or researching? Let us know in the comment section below!

• Hi Magnus, would you care to make a how-to video?

• The most useful feature for me is to save every tab as a bookmark for reading it later. Unfortunately, I still cannot properly find my bookmarked tabs, because there is still no tagging system for bookmarks (and no, being able to enter a description does not make up for the lack of tagging)
    =(

• What's holding me from using Vivaldi in day to day work is the lack of touchscreen actions; zooming, copying and pasting, moving to the next tab, underlining a word or part of a sentence and opening in a next tab etc, without using a mouse and/or touchpad.

• Vivaldi Team

Hey! thanks for the suggestion. Is there a specific feature on the list you'd like us to cover more in-depth?

• Vivaldi Team

Web panels are useful, for sure! Personally, I mostly use web panels for social media and news but adding Wolfram Alpha (and other productive web apps) is definitely a good advice :)

• As i think i did, when commenting on it… just added that they could've added the power of webpanels to the mainpost too. Wasn't meant to sound negative, the browser is brilliant and i love what they are doing. So, peace and out.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.