Snapshot 1.4.589.2 - Vivaldi 1.4RC 1
As the week ends, we are getting closer to another stable release 1.4. Our focus towards 1.4 is fixing regressions, so when reporting issues below, please focus on any regressions since the previous stable 1.3. With this snapshot we also added two new features for your themes and closed tabs.
The_Solutor last edited by
Thanks Gaelle !
pwlsrs last edited by
can't open this site http://www.pajacyk.pl
On another browser works fine
DankCat last edited by
Works fine for me.
cgrinds last edited by
OSX Zoom behavior broke two snapshots ago and is still broken.
When I change zoom for site a, I expect all tabs open to site a to use the new zoom level.
That used to work, but now only the one tab uses the new zoom level. The other tabs stay at the default zoom level.
Toggling "Use Tab Zoom" doesn't make a difference.
For me works fine (at least I think) But the page was loading me , and appeared like a wooden doll. Where it was necessary to click on his chest. I am from Slovakia somewhat understand in Polish: D
YamiryuuZero last edited by
Theme schedule… I would have never thought a browser would come up with such a crazy idea! Keep up surprising me guys, you're doing a great job at that!
aplan last edited by
Bad video at vimeo — http://joxi.net/Y82QEozcqgRg2d
1.4 already? Feels a bit too soon and the new features are a bit lacking.
Regardless, I'll post my wish list one last time until we hit the 1.5 snapshots:
My Vivaldi Wishlist
- Performance Optimization: Regardless of features, I think performance and RAM usage is the major issue of Vivaldi right now. I have to close Vivaldi everytime I play a heavy game. I don't have to do it with Edge.
- Allow dragging a link from another window to a new tab: Currently it replaces the content of the active tab, which is super annoying.
- Option to force open all links in a new window: This is very useful for specific configurations.
- Profiles: I need to work with several profiles, each one with its own extensions and cookies
- Native Windows 10 Notifications: Currently Vivaldi uses Chrome notifications and they appear on top of my tabs.
- Edit Speed Dial URLs with an "Edit" Context Menu option: Currently we have to use the Bookmarks Menu to do that. I don't ever use the Bookmarks menu.
- Allow reordering of Speed Dial Tabs
- Allow customization of Speed Dial thumbnails
- M3: Let us set up the feeds refresh interval to at least 5 or 15 minutes
kryksyh last edited by
Is it only me who thinks that theme scheduling isnt so important to waste time on. And there is much more needed things like synchronization and mail?
kryksyh last edited by
Also, I would love to have "fit to width" function from old opera. Is there some extension that can do that?
Video codec issues are very platform dependent. Which OS and version are you using?
Can't reproduce here. But if there is an issue, it's probably in Flash, and/or your video card drivers. Try updating all of those :)
You are not the only one! It is difficult to get working acceptably due to the increasing number of layout manipulation tools website authors have. If you find an extension you think does an ok job please share. :)
I hope it is only you! I have worked on theme-related features for a while. While my coding skills are getting better, I am working for Vivaldi in my capacity as a designer. We have some really great programmers working on both Synchronization and Mail, and they have done so for quite some time. It is not as if we suddenly dropped Mail and had everyone work on Themes (though I would like that).
TbGbe last edited by
The Widevine plugin is still missing?
demo.castlabs.com still fails for me on Windows 10 (except Speedway unencrypted).
To be super honest, I think Night mode for a browser UI is a bit useless if it doesn't change the website's layout too. That feature should be on the OS side anyways. I think Macs already have a night mode, and Windows is working on that right now, which might be released on the big update they're going to do at the end of the year.
Something I miss here on Vivaldi from Edge, is a native "reading" mode. Way more useful when you're reading from distance.
BTW, the performance of the panels opening and closing is a million times better, though it still has a "ghost" on the opposite side when closing them.
Working on one doesn't mean the work on the others isn't going on :)
LonM last edited by
I'm liking these scheduled themes, but ti does raise the problem that the speed dial theme doesn't match (I feel like it should be integrated into themes, rather than be separate).
What I mean by this is: Say i'm using a dark theme and dark speed dial image. When I switch to my light theme, the speed dial image is still the dark one.