The Web's Fairy Godmother joins Vivaldi

• Vivaldi Team

I'm very pleased to share the good news that Molly E. Holzschlag has joined Vivaldi to help us forge closer connections to the developers who help shape the web. Molly needs little introduction but I will still attempt to do so.

See the full blog post here

• Hello Molly!

What ideas are you guys thinking for creating a bigger, more open web, and forge closer relationships with devs who shape that?

You guys have big goals. Would love to hear them! :)

• Welcome to the team Molly!

• That's an odd way to sit on a chair :P

• For some reason, my comment above disappeared.

Anyway, hello Molly!

What are the ideas you guys are thinking of bringing towards a bigger, open web and forging stronger relationships with developers who shape the web?

You guys have big goals. I would love to hear them! :)

Awesome. The goddess of webstandards fighters

Molly, Proud to have you in team!

• Welcome, Molly!
    It seems that I keep hearing about you wherever I wander on the web – and now you're here! I'm so glad that you've joined the Vivaldi team. :)

That would doubtless be (for Molly) being an evangelist and ambassador for web standards and interoperability.

• What an impressive addition to the team !

Does this mean the chromium core will be dismantled "just enough"?

• Welcome :)

• Vivaldi Translator

Our family is getting bigger! Welcome Molly. :)

• Congratulations to Molly and Vivaldi team (:
    Your ambitions sound great 8)

• Amazing! :) :)

• Thank you so much, it's a pleasure to be here! :)

• @jonhaddow:

That's an odd way to sit on a chair :P

Haha - there's a story behind it that's pretty funny Jon :lol: I went to sit down ON the chair, but as I lowered myself onto it I became aware that it had rained the night before and I was about to land IN a big ol' puddle which would have been both uncomfortable and embarrassing. So there ya have it, my "keep dry if I can crouching tigress pose!"

• @Kay_D That is so great! See, it's not just me :P

• So, she would get Vivaldi as a program up to par and more compatible to open web standards? Sounds interesting. I almost felt a hint of something about removing some Chromium bits in the blog post, but maybe it's just me.

• That's what I was thinking too. If this means that they will be trying to remove some Chromium core that Vivaldi's own code has replaced for a while, for further efficiency and flexibility.

• Hey there - yes, as Ayespy points out - a lot will be a continuation of work toward a standards-aware, interoperable Web. The actual journey is a long one, but it's quite clear to me (subject to re-prioritization because Web). First off, I'd like to being a developer resource site where devs, designers, #UX folks and anyone who has an interest can find both Vivaldi-centric articles and content as well as an open-door welcome for folks to talk out issues related to the Open Web culture as we choose to define it, together, as well as forge lasting friendships that support quality and conscience as core values. If you have any interest in doing a little volunteer writing for such a resource, please let me know as I'm going to need a lot of help with that endeavor! I will also be blogging regularly, to keep folks informed of specific activities and technology issues as they relate directly to our daily tasks. Other tasks ahead are to solve compatibility issues, so it's not just dev-rel but a "web-opening" role, where there's a direct business to business cooperative drive to sort out issues causing interop roadblocks. For the longer term, I see growing participation in industry conferences and events, and of course Vivaldi-specific hackathons and open camps for various ways to use what is a browser made with the very technologies we work with anyway: HTML, CSS, Javascript, ReactJS - the extensibility technically as well as on the UI is, to me, completely uncharted territory and it's going to be a lot of fun discovering what we really can do together with Vivaldi as well as the Web we all are passionate about. I imagine this list will grow, but that's the current view as I see it, and as you can tell, it's no small job. We need YOU! I need you! Let's have some fun!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.