Ready to make your own mouse gestures? Now you can with Vivaldi 1.2
spidernik84 last edited by
Congratulations for the amazing progress. I LOVE Vivaldi (both the browser and the composer ).
Some bugs/performance tips:
1. BUG - clicking on the "lock" icon in the url bar expands the site info bubble downwards, outside of the window, when the url and tabs bars are configured to be at the bottom of the gui (linux)
2. BUG - open two vivaldi windows, open some tabs in each. CTRL-SELECT all the tabs in one window, right click one of them, click "move x tabs to window…" and move them. The first one will be fine but the other ones will be blank. Switching them won't help, you need to reload them (linux)
3. PERFORMANCE TIP - the quick command feature feels very sluggish and slow when typing. My suggestion is not to start immediately searching for results as soon as the user types. Wait for a fraction of a second instead. That will lower the load and give a much smoother user experience. (linux)
4. FEATURE REQUEST - enable SPNEGO/SSO: we use kerberos as our sso system and I can't seem to make it work with our corporate websites. Firefox works fine. Any startup parameter/config parameter to make this work? (linux)
Thanks again for the amazing job you are doing. It has been my prod browser on Mac and Linux for a year.
Endeavour last edited by
Additionally, tabs randomly open without any font antialiasing. Reloading content doesn't help, you need open it in a new tab to see smooth fonts.
Endeavour last edited by
Found repro for this: mid-click a link and wait for it to load in new tab. That tab will not have font AA. (Direct Write disabled, tested both 32 and 64 bit).
Apocalypse last edited by
"autoupdate of existing users will be enabled later today"
How long we will wait? Should we update manually from site?
Telegram last edited by
Different zoom levels for each tab, thanks
Now i will wait for history in side panel
Speed dial as start page could be the standard setting.
The start page button is already there when someone install Vivaldi, but first without function.
There is no difference.
Telegram last edited by
Thank you for another great release!
My humble wishlist (in descending order of importance):
2. An option to open browsing history in the side panel (it's technically possible by adding History page* as a web panel, but a native history panel would do much better).
- I suppose that History Page itself should be redesigned, because it looks bad and doesn't fit into the rest of Vivaldi's interface.
Yes, i agree with you I'm excited what the developers will introduce.
I think Vivaldi needs a huge design make-over. But it can wait, sync is more important than it.
rstaub last edited by
BUG Hi, when opening a link in a new tab (via contextual menu, shift+link or ctrl+link), the "Referer" HTTP header doesn't seem to be set with the original page URL.
It seems to be specific to Vivaldi, not the engine, as it works well in Chrome.
Where can I open a bug ticket?
DamanGoldberg last edited by
I like the 1.2 release better than the 1.1, but would like a sync functions such as Mozilla, and especially the Bookmarks between my 3 main browsers natively, Vivaldi, Chrome, and Firefox.
Thanks for the fantastic version.
It is impossible to add a bookmark - the flag in an address line doesn't work. How to add a bookmark? The mechanism of bookmarks is broken. Why?
The section of settings also doesn't work as it is necessary - when you click on the menu items, some items do not work or show other information. The item 'Bookmarks' in the settings does not work at all. Such faults in the 'stable' version is very bad.
You have vacation or what? Why you call this 'stable' if it is less 'stable', than previous 'stable'?
**How can I go back to stable version 1.1? Links to download the version 1.1 are gone. Urgently give me the link!
all3f0r1 last edited by
I think it's a bug that has been reported already, but still, for the love of Vivaldi:
Settings -> Webpages -> Tab Zoom -> Use Tab Zoom
I can add a bookmark here. Settings seem fine. No we are not on vaction, clearly.
Are you sure you are on the correct build?
If you do want old builds:
Until "later". The delay is that we might include another fix and we do not want everyone to have to re-download. For those keen to try out the latest fixes and features right now, you can download.
Or you can wait for auto-update. If you did download manually in the mean time, you will still be updated to a newer build if we do include more fixes. So there is little risk to you either way.
Ok I played around some more. I think I see the problem with bookmarks. Clear your bookmarks trash and try again.
I did so, as you say. Nothing changed. Bookmarks broken.
Don't forget about browser settings!