Snapshot 1.1.453.45 - Vivaldi 1.1RC3
This is release candidate 3 for Vivaldi 1.1, with a quick fix to the URL field and some translation updates.
Vivaldi will be rebuilt for the stable update stream before it is released.
A few changes or improvements (I will be very happy if it at least read and taken into consideration :oops: )
1. Add download speed when download files. And likewise also some form of signaling the download is complete (eg, tone, flashes, change icons, etc.).
2. The possibility of any extension icons layout. I now have the icon displayed as the order in which I have them installed.
3. Add mouse gestures even though I have a folder in Speed Dial. Now you need to click on the button to go back << * Folder name
4. Add to freely set mouse gestures.
5. Add any possibility of adding or selecting the image preview page to Speed Dial. (Something similar to what has FVD Speed Dial extension).
6. Add option for import/export profile: Settings, Bookmarks, SpeedDial etc. (Yet because of the lack of synchronization). It will be very beneficial for people who use multiple computers to Vivaldi
7. Truth icons for the greatest number of menu items (Bookmars, Download, Zoom (+/-), cut / scissors /, paste / brush with glue / etc.)
8. Consider reading mode
9. Repair and pay all linguistic translator. In some translations are many things unresolved. And even in the stable release.
Simply, you want to be Vivaldi best browser in the world? So grab all the good stuff with other browsers, users listen to, and what's most important, every opportunity to make this a freely adjustable.
Otherwise, great job. Keep up the good work. Vivaldi has long been my main browser. :)
faith_healer last edited by
Still the bug with XMarks extenstion (Vivaldi crash on attempt to login)
all3f0r1 last edited by
I know you've already seen this a lot, but here is one more:
You're doing an amazing job Vivaldi IT ! Until I quit Opera, I didn't realize how much you're changing my everyday life at work. Just a deep thanks for that !
rouby last edited by
Agree with item number 1 :)
Ubik last edited by
I thought I'd post a small idea before I forget it.
Tabs sorting on tab right click…for instance, sort by domain name, or group by domain, or sort by opening time...etc.
It would be quite useful for us that have tons of opened tabs :)
Segaist last edited by
Thank you for all your hard work!
A request: consider fixing subpixel font antialiasing in the user interface. It is enabled for some of the elements (like status bar, history, extensions and plugins pages) but for others it's just grayscale antialiasing (adress bar, side bar, tabs, bookmarks page, settings page). It is this way on both Windows and Linux.
disq last edited by
5 versions in, still present: https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/vivaldi-browser/9841-bookmarks-bug
GG WP. Best browser ever.
derDay last edited by
I can drag'n'drop an URL from the adressbar to the bookmarks bar but not to the bookmarks panel. That's makes me sad, but you already knew it, didn't you? ;)
(already happens since 3-4 snapshots)
P.S. awesome download speed at this time :D
Joyoo last edited by
Thank You! I like it the all new snapshot! :wink:
Mikefield last edited by
Some MAJOR bugs, are still alive or comes and goes
1. VB-10368 Tab history is limited to 6 webpages after restart
When will this be fixed? This is my biggest problem and all my reports fall on deaf ears. :-(
2. VB-13714 Wrong Speed Dial favicon after Vivaldi starts
When Vivaldi has started, all (empty) tabs with speed dial shown the round world favicon. Only when a speed dial tab is activated the favicion is changed to the 9 dot speed dial favicon!
3. VB-12547 Find in Page cannot be closed - It's still alive!
Open a new tab and browse to a webpage you want. Activate Find in Page and search for a word. Then go back till speed dial is shown again and try to close find in Page. It doesn't work.
4. Find in Page and search in a pdf file. The counter will not changed, when moving between the findings, 1 of 5, the 1 doesn't changed. I'm sure this was reported by an other user
5. The refresh button and F5 does not work on some pages. I can reproduce this in our WhatsUp Gold monitoring tool.
6. The Windows Taskline is sometimes unusable. I can not reproduce it. It comes and goes with a snapshot. Sometime when a VPN connection is active.
7. VB-15554 Download from Jasper reports does not work
You can close this Bug Report, it works again, hopefully for ever
Some Major Features are waiting to be released:
1. VB-13508 Add sort tabs within stacked tabs
2. VB-13511 Add Session Manager to Panel
3. VB-13510 toggle Ctrl-f does not close the search (but Esc works)
4. safe as bookmark, sub folder should be indented from the main folder
5. history for Find in Page
Environment: Windows 8.1 (x64), Vivaldi x32, 1.1.453.45
DarkMagician last edited by
Is it possible to have site logo for SD like now on Opera? Some pepole want that option.
Also I would like to see dragging a tab into new window.
UI doesn't detect the color on some sites, and it breaks experience.
Right click -> close at pinned tabs doesn't work.
bremeris last edited by
I would like to ask, why on vivaldi snapshot twitch is not working? It says that i'm using old flash version, but there is no way to get newer one. On vivaldi stable it is working good. Maybe there would be some kind of fix for this?
C.Noize last edited by
Seriously. Am I the only one here with a G-Sync or Freesync monitor?
Can somebody please confirm if Vivaldi is working or not working in fullscreen mode with a G-Sync monitor? I need to know if I'm the only one who's frame rate is going down when using Vivaldi in fullscreen mode (pressing F11).
Most monitors should be able to display the refresh rate in their OSDs or have special debug features like bar graphs that represent the frame rate.
Can someone with an adaptive sync monitor please run Vivaldi in fullscreen (F11) and check if the framerate is still at max framerate or if it drops down to a minimum? It would really help me to identify if it's just my own personal problem or a general one that applies to everyone.
ChimeraTech last edited by
Would be a really cool feature…UC browser also has it on mobile
anibal784 last edited by
Can we get a more power Quick Command. For example, I wiil be very happy with an option for open in current tab or in new one…
Dyecks last edited by
Here it is working normally.
NeonSamurai last edited by
Really liking the browser, can't wait for the mail client ;)
Jrs30 last edited by
Passing here to thank!
Thank you for this wonderful browser! :D