Snapshot 1.0.380.2 - Bug fixes and new Settings

• Plus typing "h something" in the address bar should open and search the history for "something".

• speaking about colouring…
    http://i.imgur.com/qEITYqW.png

this is simply... awful... no offence but... see yourself 😃 menu is not visible, addressbar is barely visible, the red space at the end of the tab bar is not looking nice at all etc... simply not good.
    edit: sorry for the Czech interface.

• yea, it doesn't look good with tabs on the side
    I don't use it that way, but…

• - Ambassador -

The APNG Chrome Plugin seems to have stopped working,

On this page for example

Hello, found the following errors:

• Even by unchecking "Display Close Button" in menu tabs, the button is displayed when you hover over the tab. In the previous version it worked properly.
    • When you drag a URL in your bookmarks, the title is not to tab but the same address;

Requests 🙂

• In "sorting by title" bookmark, you might have the ability to view folders first? Currently it is a bit confusing:
    • Add options for tabs closing, for example "Activate Tab After Tab Closing":
      First tab
      Last tab
      Right tab
      Left tab
      In activated order

Thank you.

1. Use MMB in "History folder" doesn't open tabs in background. MMB work like LMB
    2. Tab cycling - setting "Cycle in tab order" work like "Cycle in recently used order" win7
    3. Dynamic search and suggestions - google, bing…
    4. Lack of thumbnails http://imgur.com/ROMRhX0 Possibility to choose the look of thumbnails speed dial
    5. BUG Folders bar (bookmarks) is outside of the browser. Lost the mark "+" http://imgur.com/B81iFrL http://imgur.com/YSQVDWN

• ok, didn't know about this, tried it and it seemed to work in the first place. After a while there was no 'resume' possible anymore (tried it with downloadinig vivaldi itself).

These options mentioned are for people with a slow connection - and my place has only 448 kbit - so it's been an often annoying thing to restart a bigger download after a timeout for example.

• Ok, thanks! But the big ones are still missing (in my order):

• Mail/RSS
    • Speed (!!!)
    • moveable/customizable/skinnable UI as in old Opera (I want the clock back!)
    • Sync
      Anyway, I'm thankful for what you guys gave us already. Vivaldi is rad!

• Windows 10 theme color for background would be nice to.
    http://i.imgur.com/oh48Nxc.jpg

• in fact the download even seems to carry on after a stop. Even when the browser is closed it stays active. So you can't recommend this feature.

• Vivaldi Team

Opera 12 was not perfect. Open many pages on a forum or news site, and you realize that storing the zoom setting per page and having to zoom in every page isn't really very comfortable.

• have you filed a bugreport?

• that's why I said 'not sure if/how it's working' 😛 and that's why there is a warning on the internal page (vivaldi:flags).

Simply, it needs some time. They have way too long list of things that need to be done and download resumption is surely on their list, too (somewhere).

• It seems that restart button of download panel doesn't work correctly.
    Progress bar is surely finish, but there are no file in download folder.
    Win 10 home 64bit + Vivaldi 64bit.

if you add a web panel for the url 'vivaldi://history;, it does add one, but the page doesn't really size correctly. if the page could be made to size correctly then that would be a good enough replacement until a proper history panel gets made

Speed is definitely still an issue. I press Ctrl+T and need to wait around 1 second before a new tab opens

• Great! That's what I like to see, a nice list of bug fixes and new settings! And although I know you are hard at work with each snapshot, I still want to go over a few wishilist items and changes again:

Speed Dial
    -Add option to use website icons or images from the internet (URL) or computer instead;
    -Add option to update all Dials at once by pressing F5 or selecting the command on the Left Click Menu;
    -Add option for more columns;
    -Make the zoom on the Speed Dial page independent from the UI Zoom;
    -Allow vacant spaces on Speed Dial page for easier management/reallocation;
    -Add option to disable X button on Dials;

Tabs
    -Make option for Tab Colors to affect the active tab only, instead of the entirety of the upper UI;
    -Make an option for a second row of Tabs for easier management of multiple tabs;
    -Add option to make a grouped tab stack generate new tabs within the same group;
    -Add option to open new tab on the end of the row or close to the current tab based on domain;
    -Disable X button on Tabs (I remember seeing a mention of this feature, but couldn't find it anywhere on settings);

Performance
    -Vivaldi still uses a lot of CPU, sometimes even mundane tasks can use 100% from time to time;
    -Before running Vivaldi, CPU usage is at 1%. After opening and closing Vivaldi (all Vivaldi processes terminated), CPU usage stays at 20% or more, no programs running - only happens with Vivaldi;
    -Memory usage skyrockets upon start; Vivaldi still consumes most of the memory available, not allowing programs on the background to run, unless you are fine with a sluggish PC;
    -UI still sluggish in some instances, taking too long to open new tabs or accept new commands;

Windows 7x64, Intel i3 Core 3.1GHz, 4GB RAM shared with video.
    Vivaldi 64-bits.

• Still crashes immediately on startup on OSX 10.9.5. 😞

• I wouldn't mind having that as an option, to have domains linked or not linked when zooming.
    My reason for not linking is: Many times i'm comparing several texture images on the same site with different resolutions, so some i would like to zoom more than others.

• well, I didn't expect a perfect feature. Otherwise it wouldn't be hidden like that. At the moment I start 'bigger' downloads like a new distro or a video with FF - after a few failed attempts with vivaldi I lost patience. But if something like downloading isn't a big issue, then what? Colored tab-areas? New background pictures for speed-dial? Sorry, but a solid basic functionality should come first.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.