Vivaldi launches its first beta

• Site Infor also stopped working for me in the snapshot builds, but it works in this Beta.

Try a clean installation. I use a Standalone USB install of 32-bit Vivaldi on Windows 7 64-bit

• Hmm, I'm using 64 bit.

zoom is ctrl+shift+scroll right now. Passwords can never be copied from one machine to another. Sync would be necessary, which Vivaldi doesn't have ready just yet.

Yes, it is capable of scrolling absurdly slowly. Not sure how much re-writing of Chromium code would be necessary to equal that snail's pace.

• Why the non-standard zoom key? Ctrl-mousewheel is common in lots of apps. Also, shift-mousewheel doesn't sideways-scroll like it does in Chrome, and I can't even sideways-scroll with the scrollwheel with the mouse cursor over the scrollbar like in Opera 12.

• These are my two biggest complaints actually:
    1. It auto-raises itself whenever it gets focus.
    2. The color-matching thing at the top makes it hard to tell the chrome from the client area. This makes me have to think unnecessarily hard if I see a search box or options menu at the top of a page, and I have to figure out what it pertains to. It's also a potential security disaster. The division should be obvious. It's not obvious in a lot of browsers. You made it worse. I do like the tab taking on the color, though, and I would like it better if the inactive tabs also took on the color; it would make them easy to find.

Now what I like:
    1. The UI zoom setting is nice. My screen resolution is relatively low and too many applications are just too big. Now I can make it just perfect.
    2. The Page Actions thing looks like it has the potential to be very useful. When I first played around with it all the settings seemed completely useless and stupid, but when I read some forum posts about what it did, it seems it will allow me to force custom style-sheets on badly-laid-out sites.

Now here's some ideas I'd like to see:
    1. I'd like a back button to appear on the tabs to the left of the X when I mouse over them, if applicable, because I usually open links in new tabs, then close the tabs when I'm done reading them, but once in a while I open a link in the same tab, then end up closing it and having to reopen it to go back; it would be easier if I were reminded of that.
    2. I want a setting of JavaScript enabled on https pages and disabled on http pages.
    3. Per-page quick preferences for JavaScript, cookies, and third-party content.
    (Not per site; just things that apply to the current session.) I liked Opera's quick preferences but didn't like that fact that it affected everything from then on.

I won't list this as a complaint because I'm going to assume it's something you just haven't gotten done yet, but: I do hope you will support RSS feeds?

• A bug I hadn't noticed before:

The Mouse Gesture (GestureUp, GestureRight) to reopen closed tab, reopens Settings dialogue.

• Still no popup hoovering on external script links.
    Very Disappointed!!! I don't like extended links created by page author to open pop-up window from scripts, on user mouse click action to be opened and displayed in new tab. This is not correctly.

• :)Congratulations

• "Full Extensions support" : it's wrong. All screen captures extensions not working. Why are some extensions do not stay active? I do not have this problem with Vivaldi: Linux version.

• I'm having a very noticable delay (500+ ms) when opening new tab with Speed Dial or switching to existing Speed Dial tab.
    EDIT: now that i think about it, it was because i had a custom background PNG image there. But still, that's an issue

• Please add a reminder for notes. If Vivaldi notes be like this http://www.tabsnooze.com/ :shock: πŸ™‚

• Ctrl-shift-scroll works, thanks, but question is - what purpose does it serve? Non-standard key combination is simply annoying.

As for the sync - I don't need that, I just need to have possibility to copy user folder to another computer and use it. It may be password protected for example for security reasons, but this possibility should exist.

• One thing I noticed: on my computers Vivaldi started, with no open tabs, have 4 processes that eats about 450MB of memory. With one tab open - 550.

http://mav.matcom.com.pl/pclab/2015-11-Vivaldi.png

Other people reported two open tabs and three processes with much less ram usage. Why the difference? Anyway, Vivaldi is rm hungry just as Chrome. On Opera 12 I have 50 tabs open with 1250mb ram usage, doing that on Vivaldi I don't know if 32gb of ram in my desktop would be enough. πŸ˜‰

BTW Image info (right click on image) is missing, sometimes it's very useful.

• @2 : If you're referring to the title of the thumbnail, just click on it and you can rename it

• To be fair Google (and Opera) are actively working on Chromium performance/memory usage improvement. Vivaldi probably has a bit of a burden here resource-wise as in addition to the baseline needs it has metric tons of JavaScript to chew through on startup and execute. I wouldn't expect it to use less memory than Chrome. (I'm not sure if JS is a significant overhead but suspect it.)

I will probably have to upgrade my trusty 10 year old Opteron to get acceptable performance. It is about time though πŸ˜ƒ

• still does not play videos on the site http://tv-novosti.ru/segodnya/rossiya and radio on the site http://101.ru/?an=personal&userid=169920 Microsoft Edge also don t play. Cool Novo, Chrom, Maxthon play video and music on sith sites good. Why? OS - Win 10 x64. Vivaldi - 1.0.303.52 (Beta) (64 Π±ΠΈΡ‚)

• Some PDFs do not load. OK in Opera 34 and IE 9 (!).
    (character set (Γ†Γ˜Γ…) problem, maybe)

Reported in the forum/blog long time ago …

Win7x64 Vx32

• On the site 101 . ru Vivaldi wrote: Update Adobe Flash Player

• mouse cheat sheet? I thought it would be nice if there is a moue cheat sheet readily available. I was surprised that a double click on a tab closes it. I also don't know how to find out what click opens the link in a new, background tab. And so on and so forth. You could just extend the existing "Help" > "Keyboard Cheat Sheet" to include mouse information.

mouse customization? I don't find how to change moue-click behaviors. Somewhere in "Preferences"?

double click to close the tab? Even if you can change it, isn't the default of double-clicking to close the tab counterintuitive? On all the three main GUI systems (Windows, Mac, and Linux), the double click almost never means "close". I (and most people, I guess) expect a double click to "launch" something. The only exception I can think of now is to maximize or minimize the window if the double-click is on the titlebar of the window. Even in this case, most people would be surprised (and somewhat annoyed) if the windows closes on double-click.

What about the double-click on a tab to open a new Vivaldi window duplicating the contents of the current tab? That would "feel right" to me.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.