Snapshot 188.8.131.52 - A cleaner Speed Dial and lots of fixes
Before we dive right into some of the changes made in this week’s snapshot build, we thought we would spend a little bit time explaining our plan going forward.
As our development continues on toward beta, we have added quite a few new features and made some significant changes to our products over the last two months, since TP3.
Because many people around the world download Vivaldi browser TP3, a build available for public download from vivaldi.com, we thought it would be a good idea to release another newer Technical preview based on the current snapshot code.
As preparation for TP4, this snapshot focuses on mainly bug fixes, but sneaked in a few more customization options on Speed Dial!
sudo apt-get install vivaldi-snapshot
paralaks last edited by
I've upgraded the standalone installation (W7-64, V-32). I got an error message saying Vivaldi crashed. When I ran it manually my session was gone. How can I restore it? Also my speed dial is gone (actually it's replaced by another folder on speed dial). How can I have it back?
reesmichael1 last edited by
VB-5951 - Vertical menu leaves a blank space
Especially glad to see this. That bug was quite a visual annoyance. As always, thanks for all of your work!
U.F.U.K last edited by
Vivaldi speed dial is looking good but I don't add my icons… still.. :(
sailormax last edited by
I sent few bug reports, but where we can post feature requests? :)
I seem to be having trouble logging in to this blog if using the latest Vivaldi snapshot.
rabe85 last edited by
- Bug: If i add a new folder shortcut to the top speed dial bar (bookmarks, right click), it shows the name of the first folder each time.
- Bug: The tab preview from a tab group doesn't disappear, if i open the settings window and move my mouse from the tab group preview to the settings window. So it looks a bit ugly with the tab group preview in the background all the time and very ugly if i change the menu position.
- Bug (or feature request?): I can't move the position of a tab in a tab group (i try to move around the tab previews and the beams above the tab group).
- Feature request: Can you add a right click option to tab groups that opens the complete tab group in a new window?
Nonameentered last edited by
Seems nice, but I'm getting a can't find this version error page when i click on the mac dmg link…
pierod last edited by
Still crashing when i try to import Opera 12 data, just clicking on "import data"
crashing when i try to "delete histori browser data"
Some problems on UI, sometimes the tab bar and address bar disappear.
#!++ by Debian 64bits
There's a topic in the Vivaldi Forum called "Vivaldi Feature Requests."
sailormax last edited by
Thanks. Forgot about it.
HalleAndert last edited by
Just a little UI glitch (buttons) when the browser language is set to german.
Thanks for your hard work. 8)
paralaks last edited by
I could recover tab URLs from history. I think you guys should add an option to export session data so that we can use it to restore in case something goes wrong during updates.
Agrumas last edited by
Bug: keyboard shortcuts of special ALT characters interfere with browser shortcuts. For example ALT + 064 which produces @ character. When pressing ALT + 064 on textarea, focus will be changed to address bar and after releasing 4 url will be replaced with @.
Win8.1, Vivaldi: 184.108.40.206
Irontiger last edited by
Great new snapshot :) good work!
I have some problems / questions (not sure if it is a problem).
- The "alt"-keys doesn't open the V-Menu. That's the default behaviour of windows –> Why is it not working?
- Do you know / use ALT+Space to open the "windows menu" from windows? There are 2 important shortcuts for this menu:
- ALT+Space, n = minimize
- ALT+Space, x = maximize
Both aren't working with Vivaldi.
- Related to 2): Due to this issue no third party key-mapping software (e. g. Logitech Gaming Software) is working correctly on default shortcuts. For example: There is an option in Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) called "maximize" --> I can assign this default action to every mouse/keybord key. It's working in every program - except Vivaldi.
Can you please have a look into it?
OS: Windows 8.1 x64
Thank you guys!
New bug? I can't zoom the "about" page of Vivaldi with CTRL+MouseWheel.
dmouflard last edited by
I have a question : Is the mac version a 64 bits one ? If no, it could be a great project 'cause it improves a lot the stability.
buenchaval last edited by
thank you once again Vivaldi team!
minor annoyances still remaining (win 7 x64, vivaldi x64):
- ctrl + keypad is interpreted wrong. e.g. ctrl + (keypad /) is interpreted as Ctrl + O
- shift + arrowleft/down doesn't work in the address bar (ctrl + shift + arrow for selecting words works though)
- when V ask whether to remember the password of a site, the first click on "Nope" has no effect. It has to be clicked twice.
Thanks for reporting, it should be fixed now :)