Weekly snapshot 1.0.129.2

• @Xypher:

The browser is more responsive now. Thank you! :)

I thought so too at first, but as you continue to use it, there's a memory leak somewhere, it become very sluggish the longer you use it. Webpage loading takes longer sometimes or unresponsive

• Thanks for the update.

Each time that a new Vivaldi snapshot is released, I poke around in the menues and the settings, to see what's new.

Today, I noticed Tools > Show Quick Commands popup, which is a blessing, as they keep adding functions, and the ways to reach them are sometimes ONLY thru a Hotkey - at least for now.

One oddity in this popup is that it first lists all of your open tabs and forces you to scroll to see what you went there to see : Show Quick Commands.

Please, the tabs list does not need to be in there.

Also, the popup's would be better to be size adjustable, by dragging its edges, to show more of the commands at the same time, don't you think ?

Thanks.

• Bug :

I choose use Flash 13.0.0.269 ESR, which I believe to be current, instead of the mainstream version, for the same reason as I do with FireFox itself.

Vivaldi thinks that this version of Flash is not current, and has done so for several snapshots.

Please investigate.

Thanks.

• @YamiryuuZero:

4. Sluggish response to URL changes: trying to open a new link on the same tab, like turning the page of a manga or trying to click on the next video on YouTube sometimes (more often than not) trigger a slow response to start loading and to show the results of what has been loaded. I believe Opera 12 had an option to show results as soon as they're loaded, as well as to wait a few seconds. I believe the problem is something within that line coupled with the sluggish UI.

Thank You ! Couldn't have been said better ! Opera 12 would render the page as soon as something was fetched but it seems to me that Vivaldi takes a while to get some elements of the page and then starts rendering them… it kind of reminds me of Internet Explorer 4.0 !

• By the way I forgot to thank you for the "Persian" language… although I'm just fine with the "English" Interface but now my family (mostly my Father) can use your browser instead of Chrome and ChrOpera !

• found another
    bug: If you look in import bookmarks and setting. It list opera, ie, google chrome twice

• VB-4116 - Can't view Notes

Still not fully fixed on Windows 7 Professional. If in the text there is a breakline followed by dash, only the first line of the note is visible in read mode. The whole content becomes visible after pressing edit.

Example to test yourself - paste in your notes (only Foo visible in read mode, - bar appears after pressing Edit):

Foo

• bar

Also there is an unnecessary empty line at the top of notes content in read mode. It disappears after entering Edit mode.

• There's a bug when you type ALT+164 for the "ñ" character on a text box from a site, the character is sended to the adress bar, please fix this on the next update, thanks!

• Ok the loading bar , but "Open a link in the background" on right click (like opera) is still missing…

• Tab thumbnails really sucks. Is there any way how to disable them? They have literally no sense and are annoying.

• serious bug: I can't hit enter key in the url anymore. It does nothing

• Just install a Chrome extension with cloud support
    back up your extensions

• snapshot 1.0.129.2 causes crash when importing data from IE!
    The previous versions work OK, and so I quit using snapshot 1.0.129.2 now!

• I use Vivaldi on Windows 7 32 bit.

If I close all tabs and open another (eg wikipedia) in 1 tab, and select a text, the right click context menu's "add selection as new note" option is missing. Only the restart can help.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/ZH8f1NB.png

Can't delete a notes with "right click > delete" option.

:(

• i meant to say install a chrome bookmark extension with cloud support and back up your bookmarks on the cloud :)

• Vivaldi Translator

1. It seems that Vivaldi wait to render after loading at some sites. When I click other site during the progress bar grows, the first site appears and then the second site appears.
    2. I cannot terminate Vivaldi by x button (Window disappears but processes remain). In this case, I cannot open new window until I kill processes from task manager. Close action from File menu works fine.
    3. Backward by right button -> left button works well. However left button -> right button occurs nothing. I'm expecting forward action (same as Opera).
    4. On Google-translate, the focus has lost after auto-translation.
    Are these known problems?
    Win 8.1 Pro 64bit + Vivaldi x64.

• I can confirm 1 and 2 also on Win7x64 + Vivaldi x32

• VEEEERY annoying: CTRL+LEFT ARROW goes back into history even when if you're typing some text into a textfield, while it should just move the cursor back at the beginning of the word you're typing.
    CTRL+LEFT ARROW should just go at the beginning of the word you're typing, when you're typing some text in a textfield.
    W7 64bit

• @Snowofmarch:

1. It seems that Vivaldi wait to render after loading at some sites. When I click other site during the progress bar grows, the first site appears and then the second site appears.

Confirmed. Also quite frequent Never Stops Loading (NSL) - the long running Opera bug
    @Snowofmarch:

2. I cannot terminate Vivaldi by x button (Window disappears but processes remain). In this case, I cannot open new window until I kill processes from task manager. Close action from File menu works fine.

Confirmed.

Win7x64 + Vivaldi x32

• Thanks for new snappy.

But ,( the Ctrl-Cursorleft bug is timewasting ugly.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.