Show "opened tree" with folder paths for filtered bookmark items

• Vivaldi is simply the most productive browser there is! I just love it! Keep up the great work!

Now to my request: There was a fantastic feature in Opera 12: After entering a search expression to filter bookmarks in the bookmarks panel, the panel would not just show a list of the matching items (folders, bookmarks). Instead, it would show an "opened tree" containing the complete folder paths leading to the matching items.

This old Opera feature was extremely useful for people like me, who have hundreds of bookmarks stored in hierarchies of nested folders. After finding an item, one could go directly to its parent folder, in order to a) find related items of the same folder, or b) be at the right place to add new bookmarks of the same category.

Please add this feature again. No other browser (or extension) offers this afaik. It would help Vivaldi differntiate itself even more from the rest.

• @Marc-Sigrist The feature already exists. The setting is not in Settings, but on the Bookmarks Panel Context menu.

0_1486073337533_Tree Search.png

Specs: AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb on Win 7 64-bit • Snapshot 1.7.735.29

@Marc-Sigrist - The feature is in version 1.7, which is nearing stable release. Snapshots of 1.7 can be obtained at the Team Blog. https://vivaldi.net/

• @Pesala, @Ayespy: Thanks for the quick response. What a coincidence that the new feature is newly built in almost exactly at the time I am asking for it.

Looking forward to stable release 1.7 :smile:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.