Feature Request for a Native Ad-Blocker

• Hello, I am on Vivaldi and I have been using AdBlock (the Chrome extension) for awhile on Vivaldi. I love how it blocks ads automatically and makes my browsing experience better. However, the extension can be buggy and sometimes does not block ads. I have seen native ad-blockers on browsers like Opera. They are good. I hope Vivaldi can integrate a native ad-blocker and improve the user experience. :grinning:

• @BlazeKing252

Some browsers, like Maxthon, have a version of ABP built in. On the whole it works quite well. Something like this could be good with Vivaldi. Although I'd recommend uBlock Origin. It is very effective on Vivaldi in my experience.

• Vivaldi Translator

@BlazeKing252
    Multiple people already request this. So, just be patient.

Yes extensions/addons could be buggy. So does any other applications.

• I want this too. And while Jon's argument is that it'll limit the expression and openness of the internet by integrating an ad-blocker, mine is that there should at least be an ad-blocker integrated that is turned OFF by default. So power users that care for that kind of thing can go ahead and turn it on. I hope we can talk about this more thoroughly.

• Vivaldi Translator

@D0J0P

expression and openness of the internet by integrating an ad-blocker

Hmm, this decision only effect the advertiser.

I prefer professionally separate ads blocker.
    Integrated would sum maintenance of the browsers. A little bug in ads blocker function could easily break the browser.

Ads blocker is a big beast. Hence, Firefox ABP or uBlock0 is backup by serious team and or people who understand what ads, privacy, security & network. Bug fix came as fast as lightning. Version change raise faster than browser version to show something had been done. You could watch uBlock0 issues log on its github. You'll be amazed how gorhill fix stuff/bug/request in matter of minutes.
    You could imagine, if a serious bug found in integrated ads blocker how long the fix will arrive in next stable browser version.

Note: I didn't mock nor disagree about the request.

• @dLeon

I think you have some good points there. A while back Maxthon released an Android version with a built-in adblocker (ABP) and it was not successful. It broke so many pages and crashed so much for me that eventually I switched to another Android browser.

Jon has specifically said there are no current plans for built-in ad-blocking.

• @Ayespy said in Feature Request for a Native Ad-Blocker:

Jon has specifically said there are no current plans for built-in ad-blocking.

I think that's wise at this stage.

@D0J0P said in Feature Request for a Native Ad-Blocker:

(...) ad-blocker integrated that is turned OFF by default.

Putting effort into developing a feature that is turned off by default is kind of pointless. I'd prefer a content blocking feature - just like the one that Opera 12 has. It would also be nice to be able to export/import list of blocked URLs, domains or specific web page elements...

• Close tab with right-click option.

• Please ignore my post above, I accidentally posted it in the wrong thread.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.