How do I install extensions?

• How do I install extensions, where do I get them?

Also, is that info listed in a FAQ somewhere or something? Because I couldn't see any

thanks

• You can install extensions from the Chrome Web Store

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions?hl=en-US

You can get there by navigating the Menu -> Tools -> Extensions -> Get new extensions. The keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+E

FAQ: https://help.vivaldi.com/article/extensions/

• Thanks!

I humbly suggest that the help site should be included in the main navigation of the home page and/or community area.

@clum: When you select "Help" in the menu it takes you to the help site.

• @Ayespy

All,

Thanks for this thread.

I concur that the help menu is available at [https://help.vivaldi.com/article/extensions/](link url).

My problem was that I was in the Help system looking for "Add-ins" ... and so I didn't find "Extensions" ... I know that I am a dinosaur using all those old browsers, but maybe Vivaldi could add tagging to help topics so that "related" terms might help people like me find data quicker? Just a suggestion.

I am guessing what clum was suggesting is that next to the horizontal selection for Browser/Features/Newsroom/Blog/Community, maybe a Help button would beneficial. I would have. I know there is a link at the bottom of the page. My first inclination for attracting new users is to provide them with "dead-simple" access to help; I find that many users will stop using a new app because they are not familiar with the interface.

Thanks again for your help and consideration. :-)

• By the way, is there a way to install a CRX-extension from local disk w/o dropping it to vivaldi://extensions? I run Vivaldi under another user account so drag and drop doesn't work here, and I don't see any button or menu item allowing to select CRX-extension from disk.

Of course I can run Total Commander under Vivaldi's user account and drag files from it, but I believe there should be a more convenient way.

• @MVV_ Activate developer mode in extensions and load it unpacked. You have to unzip it beforehand of course. That's probably not what you want, but I don't know another way.

• @luetage,
    It is an option of course, but it is a debug option, and it doesn't keep extension id...
    Well, I've added a feature request.

• @mvv_ a word to the wise: do this drag&drop onto a NON-maximized Vivaldi window or it will not install but download (again).
    Had to learn that the hard way...

• @rec00k I always have vivaldi maximized and it never happened to me, but I drag local crx files from my HD.

• For me dragging works also regardless of Vivaldi window mode, however current browser page may matter (haven't checked it though, I'm always drop extensions to Addons page). But my problem is that I run Vivaldi under another (limited) user account so I can't drag anything at all to its window (OS doesn't allow that) and currently have to start Total Commander under same user account and drag from it.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.