Piwik Control Pnal now not working

• strangely i can now no longer log into my piwik control panel (hosted on my server), it just hangs, not showing the login page.
    i'm pretty sure this is a vivaldi issue as it works fine with firefox and chrome.
    this happened yesterday, previously it has been fine, i'm not sure if vivaldi updated itself yesterday.
    this is most likely a javascript issue.
    vivaldi version: 1.6.689.40 (Stable channel) (32-bit)
    piwik version: 2.17.1

any thoughts or ideas?

Vivaldi Stable hasn't been updated for a while. If it stopped working all of a sudden, here's what you might try:

1. Force reload the page and all of its contents including scripts, styles and images (by default: press [CTRL] + [SHIFT] + [R] or [CTRL] + [F5]);
    2. Open the page in Private Window (by default: press [CTRL] + [SHIFT] + [N] to launch a new Private Window or select Menu > File > New Private Window). If the page works in Private Window, then go to step 4.
    3. Disable all extensions;
    4. Clear browsing data and restart the browser if necessary;
    5. Refresh your profile;
    6. Try another instance of Vivaldi to check if the issue occurs there too - preferably the latest Snapshot (you can download it from here). Don't update your current Vivaldi! Install new instance as "standalone", so that it doesn't interfere with your current installation. You can easily get rid of it later by removing the folder where it was installed.

• ah, thank you very much ... it worked with the private window. ... i'd already done reloading window, closing vivaldi, relaunching vivaldi etc.
    so i deleted basic browsing history and the cookies related to that domain as you suggested and it worked again.
    i should have thought to do that already.
    so thanks again.
    i'm loving vivaldi! as an early (paying) opera adopter from many years ago, i was disappointed in the direction that was going, so am very happy with vivaldi.

i've only one real issue ... when bookmarking, using the add bookmark button in the address bar, it doesn't seem to be possible to create a new folder, but only to add the bookmark to existing folders.

I haven't started to use Opera until it was free, but I was also disappointed with the changes they made after abandoning Presto and in the direction they went with their product since, but fortunately someone told me about Vivaldi being the old Opera's spiritual successor and now I'm here. 🙂

@JeremyS said in Piwik Control Pnal now not working:

i've only one real issue ... when bookmarking, using the add bookmark button in the address bar, it doesn't seem to be possible to create a new folder, but only to add the bookmark to existing folders.

This feature has been requested here. If you're missing it, then you can go there and vote for it. 😉

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.