Bookmarks bar sub-folder context menu bug..

• Right-click on a ‘bookmarks Bar folder’ draws the expected context menu the same way it does while I right click on the ‘bookmarks Panel folder AND sub-folder’ (or in google chrome).
    BUT, right-click on a sub-folder in the ‘bookmarks bar’ not only does it not draw the context menu, but also cancels the initial folder pop-down menu.

Tested on vivaldi stable and snapshot (x86 and x64), also on clean installs without extensions or any settings modifications.

I’m currently a chrome clone user (firefox) and I use this function a lot (in order to open multiple links at once), and this is the only issue keeping me from using vivaldi as my main browser (though I would also like an interface dom inspector).

• @bodi It's not a bug. Context menu support has not been implemented yet.

I suspect that this is already in the Feature Requests thread.

• I see..
    But this is not really a 'feature' in the regular sense of the word, as it's essential to the functionality of any (UI) bar. And since it IS working on the 'bookmarks bar' main folders/bookmark links, and is fully functioning on the bookmarks panel, this omittance makes little sense.
    And even if it was left out initially in order to free human resources to work on other aspects of the browser, this isn't something to forget about and leave it for the users to request it in a poll…

This is not a rant. But if this is not a bug, than it must be intended to steer people away from the bookmarks concept and onto something else.. (speed dial, or some sort of 'cloud' stuff).

@bodi: It' not "intended" as anything. It's just not coded yet. In the same way there being no email embedded in your version of the browser is not a bug, and the absence of sync for now is not a bug, it's simply a part of the browser (or in the case of sync, also infrastructure) that's not done yet. Yes, it's problematic for several users, has been reported God knows how many dozens of time, but it's not something that doesn't operate in the manner the developers intended. It's just not done yet. There's also no ability to place the bookmark bar vertically to one side or the other, which is something I am used to, want, and expect - but that's not a bug, either. It's just not yet done.

• @bodi said in Bookmarks bar sub-folder context menu bug..:

BUT, right-click on a sub-folder in the ‘bookmarks bar’ not only does it not draw the context menu, but also cancels the initial folder pop-down menu.

That's because Vivaldi uses an actual context menu for opening folders from the bookmarks bar whereas other browsers use a different feature for opening folders on the bookmarks bar, which looks and behaves like a context menu, but in reality, it's a different kind of menu (and thus you can use the default context menu on them).

Since you can only have one context menu opened at a time (at least on Windows) this means that opening a context menu on another context menu will not work and thus you can't right-click on items within folders on the bookmarks bar in Vivaldi.

@bodi said in Bookmarks bar sub-folder context menu bug..:

(though I would also like an interface dom inspector).

Add -–flag-switches-begin --debug-packed-apps --silent-debugger-extension-api --flag-switches-end to the Vivaldi shortcut (on the desktop or wherever you keep your shortcuts) to enable the DOM Inspector for the browser's UI.

• @pafflick
    Thank You for the explanation, and for the Inspector instruction. It worked.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.