allmusic.com says something in my browser is blocking advertisements - I have no extensions

• I cannot get to allmusic.com without the site telling me that my browser is blocking advertisements. I do not have any extensions installed. I may have changed a setting or two from default but nothing I think would be related to blocking advertisements. Is anyone else getting this message? Does anyone know of a setting that I can change so I can access their site?

• Tried to open with adblock on. Of course it said adblock on.
    I disabled adblock also. And the popup still show.
    I removed the cookies from allmusic with adblock off, and still get the issue.
    Other browsers works?
    However it's strange.

Vivaldi latest stable

• I find it sad that Allmusic used to be a great resource and now it's a barely functional mess. Maybe try changing the user-agent string. It could be a bug related to the site misidentifying Vivaldi.

• Vivaldi Translator

Deleted comment. Nevermind.

• I tested with Chrome 56.0.2924.76 (Linux), and it shows those same notices in the devtools console but doesn't show the nagger pop-up.

• It's possible that the advertising system doesn't recognize Vivaldi and tries to feed it ads meant for, say, Edge, and javascript errors ensue.

• Vivaldi Translator

The nag screen only show up in Vivaldi, stable or snapshot, assuming there's no ads blocker.

I found workarounds. Ironically by using ads blocker.

• If you have uMatrix:
      Block scripts only on www.allmusic.com
    • If instead you have uBlock0 or maybe other ads blocker:
      Enable all only on allmusic.com domain.

The play button and music is working. No idea if my "workaround" break something.

• @dLeon I installed uMatrix and I think I did what you said and it worked. I played around with blocking and unblocking and now I can use their site. Thank you!

• Vivaldi Translator

@liketobrowse
    Good to hear. :grinning:

But, the proper fix is by informing them that their site "ads blocker detector" is working differently in "clean" Vivaldi.

• @liketobrowse

Quite a few people have been reporting this pop-up, in different browsers.

• @dLeon I just let them know. Thanks again!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.