Vivaldi vs lync.com

• Hi,

I'm a new user of Vivaldi, and first impressions are that it's a great upgrade / alternative to Chrome.

I'm a heavy Lync 2013 / Skype for Business user, and I am happy to not need the NPAPI Extension to follow links to internal, online meetings. But today I had an external, online meeting, and following the link resulted in me getting the following error message:

webdir2a.online.lync.com sent an invalid response.

So, I flipped back to Chrome and followed the same link from the same email and was taken into my meeting. Thinking it was the NPAPI extension making the difference, I tried installing that on Vivaldi. Unfortunately, that made no difference, and I have now removed that extension.

Any ideas on what else to try?

Thankfully, most of my online meetings are internal. So, for me, this isn't a deal breaker for Vivaldi, but it does mean I have to keep Chrome around so long as this problem persists.

Thanks!

• Vivaldi Translator

@BiblePreacher
    1st thing first.
    NPAPI extension
    Err... are you sure? With Chrome? I only know there's NPAPI plugin. Which is not supported by Chromium/Chrome for long time. Chromium/Chrome/Opera/Vivaldi only support PPAPI plugins.

Except you're talking about extension like this;

Chrome NPAPI Replacement
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-npapi-replacement/okoafaojkokbmieeefnflkiklhanpeoc?hl=en

Which the 1st commenter said its not working.

Edit:
    After studying what Lync 2013 is;
    That application seem only support IE 6~10 & Firefox.

• @dLeon
    First, thank you for your response.

Yes, I was talking about "Chrome NPAPI Replacement" with Chrome. And without it, linking to my online meetings does not work at all in Chrome. (Well, it didn't work the last time I checked, a few months ago. And poking this bear every so often is pretty low on my priority list. I'm only playing with it now because I think Vivaldi's tab stacking will improve my efficiency.)

I can only see you as a commenter, so I'm not sure who you were referring to when you said "the 1st commenter said [the NPAPI extension/replacment is not] working". If you were referring to my comments about it, I said it helped me in Chrome but not in Vivaldi.

Blessings.

• Vivaldi Translator

@BiblePreacher
    Ah yes, sorry, I'm not clear about "1st commenter" remark. I mean the commenter in that extension review.

Honestly I don't even dream someone actually dare/bother to build somekind NPAPI bridge for Chromium/Chrome. So, I'm not aware with the mentioned "Chrome NPAPI Replacement" extension.

Further studying (Googling) of Lync fate.
    Well basically Microsoft said to just use IE. And Google basically said their user to go to he11. :cold_sweat:

• we checked this sitedp http://webdir2a.online.lync.com/
    i have this problem :(

• @Gwen-Dragon
    I'm using the NPAPI Replacement extension for Chrome in Chrome, so I'm going to say I have, indeed, tried the fix you provided a link to. And it works in Chrome. (I tried enabling NPAPI in the means the note describes, but that didn't work. Hence, I'm using the replacement in Chrome.) And as noted, Vivaldi did not work with or without the NPAPI Replacement installed.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.