external links do not bring vivaldi to foreground

• It's already been reported on here, but I'm posting a new thread to avoid nercrothreading. If I click on a link from a document or email message, really anything outside of vivaldi, the link opens in the browser, but it remains in the background. It doesn't bring the window out of the dock.

I wonder if this is related to the new window bug, where if I need to create a new vivaldi window, it has to open an existing window first.

Re: Browser does not come to front when opening link.

• I just started using Vivaldi on my Mac and I'm seeing the same behavior. It's annoying, but fortunately not a showstopper.

• said in external links do not bring vivaldi to foreground:

It's already been reported on here, but I'm posting a new thread to avoid nercrothreading. If I click on a link from a document or email message, really anything outside of vivaldi, the link opens in the browser, but it remains in the background. It doesn't bring the window out of the dock.

Did you fill a bug report? Is the issue only about focusing the window that includes newly created tab?

• @TwisterMc as you say, probably related, but the bug occurs when Vivaldi is not in full screen, too. It is, in this sense, systematic (and annoying).

• For me, it comes to the foreground if an open Vivaldi window is in the same "space"/desktop as the app that had the link (an email app for instance). But if there is no open Vivaldi window in that space/desktop, then Vivaldi does not take the focus and come to the foreground. I have to go into mission control and start hunting through my desktops to find it or double click the Vivaldi icon in the dock to get it to take me to the desktop that has a Vivaldi window.

The expected behavior would be either to push me to the desktop that has the Vivaldi window open. I wouldn't mind if it just opened a new window on that desktop, but that wouldn't match the behavior of Safari or most other browsers and Mac apps (but would actually be an improvement over them in my opinion).

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.