Full screen viewing affects Windows 7 Taskbar

• For example if I watch a video at Pbs.org and choose full screen viewing it affects the Windows 7 taskbar.

I auto-hide the taskbar. After viewing a video in full screen and then later leaving full screen the taskbar is no longer available. It no longer appears when I move the mouse to the bottom of the screen.

The only way to get the taskbar back is to close Vivaldi and then re-open it.

I also use the Opera browser and it exhibits the same behavior. Appears to be a problem with the underlying Chromium browser bits.

You use autohide mode of Windows taskbar?
    We have reported issues with autohide on Windows 7 and 10 not working correctly while running Vivaldi browser, but the developers cant reproduce it on their systems.

• For me it's easily reproducibile on every windows 7 pc I have access to, un-maximize Vivaldi, then drag manually left, right, upper and lower Vivaldi window borders to cover all screen as it was maximized: Vivaldi window is always above the taskbar. Reduce again the window enough to leave space for the taskbar on bottom, ctrl-esc to force taskbar+windows menu to open, then remaximize Vivaldi again, now the taskbar stays on top and appears on mouse hover.

For me on my old Win 7 it was dependend on programs which were shown in system tray (right side).

@iAN-CooG said in Full screen viewing affects Windows 7 Taskbar:

For me it's easily reproducibile on every windows 7 pc

Please send a bugreport. But dont forget the steps describing how we can reproduce it.

How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi:
    Please describe the issue as precise as you can and report the bug at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/.
    You will get a bug confirmation mail and in a reply to this mail you can add more information and files as attachments for the testers and bug tracking team.
    Thanks in advance.

• (VB-25277) Vivaldi window stays on top of Windows takbar if taskbar is set to auto hide

• @Gwen-Dragon
    This bug is well known and right now is the most annoying thing for me when using Vivaldi. I don't know why its happening. It happens only when W7 aero is on. Doesn't happen on classic (win 95 grey theme neither on windows 7 classic but only on aero). Really annoying. You can de-maximizie windows and reach taskbar then click on taskbar and thus make it stay on top. However every time you watch full screen video with Vivaldi maximized, Vivaldi will stay on the top and cover the taskbar. :-( Funny thing is I am on snapshot atm, cuz on VivaldiFB told me that it was fixed, well it wasn't so you can stay on stable 1.6 ;-)

• @Pheliox
    Actually I was wrong. Yesterday I changed the motive to w7 basic and to windows classic and it was working fine on both of these motives, but today the taskbar is hidden no matter what motive I use. So apparently it isn't just aero.

• @Pheliox Infact I don't even have aero enabled

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.