Scrollbar appearance in reader view mode

• Vivaldi Snapshot 1.7.735.11 (Official Build) dev (64-bit) on Linux

I have the following code in a Stylish sheet to make scrollbars on most webpages simpler and more "contrasty":

::-webkit-scrollbar-button,::-webkit-scrollbar-track{display:none}
    ::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 10px; height: 10px;}
    ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb{background-color:#000d1a}
    ::-webkit-scrollbar{background-color:#4e4e4e}
    ::-webkit-scrollbar-corner {background-color:#333}

However, when in reader view mode, the scrollbars revert to the default.

My Stylish sheet applies to "everything". But I know that the Stylish extension doesn't work on certain internal pages (chrome://...). Is reader view mode seen as a such a page?

I know that I can modify /opt/vivaldi-snapshot/resources/vivaldi/user_files/Reader_View.js to use a different font, font color, and page background color.

Is there a way to have reader view mode use my custom scrollbar style?

• It's because the reader view simply removes all stylesheets, including the ones provided with extensions and thus adding custom style has no effect, since the site is "rebuild" for the reader view and the <style> tag with the injected CSS is no longer there. I think you need to edit the reader view script to get custom scrollbars...

• @pafflick

thank you for pointing out that reader view removes all existing CSS and that that would include the scrollbar CSS. I should have thought of that! Your link was most useful.

Reader_View.js does have a section called const readabilityCss and it's there that I changed the font and background attributes.

I will try adding the scrollbar code there as well.

Thanks once again :)

• @aesouza Sorry for digging up an old thread, but did you ever get around to incorporating the custom scrollbars from stylish? I would also like to use my custom scrollbars in the reader mode, but lack the expertise to do so... Would love it if you could help.

• @ThePineappleGuy Sorry, I can't help :(

I no longer use Vivaldi because browser updates took too long to complete.

• @aesouza Sorry to hear that:disappointed:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.