Cloning complete Vivaldi settings

• Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to clone complete vivaldi settings (includding add-on settings) to a different computer (also Linux (mint))? If so, how do I go about doing that? Just copy the folder, or is there something more to it? :-)

• @Aliante - i do lots of that; between my 2 physical PCs, & also between multiple VMs on one of those PCs. I copy the entire Default directory & paste it into the targeted destination. Everything survives, except the passwords.

Maui 2.1 "Blue Tang" x64 Plasma 5.8.4.

• Vivaldi Translator

@Aliante
    As long same Operating System (OS), then yes, just copy-paste away.
    If it Linux to Windows or Windows to Linux then no copy-paste without crying.

• @Steffie said in Cloning complete Vivaldi settings:

Everything survives, except the passwords.

Wow, even extensions and their settings?
    I thought they would be "lost" as well. Although I haven't had a chance to try it.

• Vivaldi Team

The following explains some key information stored under the Default folder:

Bookmarks: This contains bookmarks and Speed Dials information.

Notes: This contains notes information.

Sessions: This contains saved tabs sessions.

Login Data: This contains website passwords. Note: This file is encrypted and is only usable on the machine that created it.

Preferences and Local App Settings\mpognobbkildjkofajifpdfhcoklimli: This contains Vivaldi settings and configurations.

Web Data: This contains autofill data.

Current Session: This contains data on open tabs.

Top Sites: This contains thumbnails.

History: This contains website history.

Cookies: Website data.

Extension Rules, Extension State, Extensions, Local Extension Settings, Local Storage, Managed Extension Storage, Extension Cookies and Secure Preferences: All extension preferences and extension data are stored here.

On Linux you have to clone the keyring folder (from GNOME keyring or KDE kwallet) if you dont want to loose passwords!
    But i did not test with current 1.6 Stable and 1.7 Snapshot
    !!! CAUTION !!!
    !!! Before testing backup your linux profile. !!!
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/5546/backup-copying-of-passwords-to-other-account-kde-gnome

UPDATE: Should work as users said in https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/12529/passwords/9

• I'm using Linux Mint (Mate flavor).

Awesome info guys. Thanks. Up until recently I was a FireFox guy, but it wasn't working good on my new laptop for some strange, which lead me to discover Vivaldi, and I fell in love... Now I'm installing it on all computers and recommending it to everybody (-:

Glad to see a solution exists. Thank you all for the great tips! I'll be sure to try it soon (-:

• @TbGbe said in Cloning complete Vivaldi settings:

@Steffie said in Cloning complete Vivaldi settings:

Everything survives, except the passwords.

Wow, even extensions and their settings?
    I thought they would be "lost" as well. Although I haven't had a chance to try it.

Yeah, sure... but as dLeon said, that's Linux to Linux, or Windows to Windows. If you wanna go "cross-species", it's less simple, & needs more manual work [including needing to manually reinstall all your extensions if i recall correctly (left Win for Freedom a couple of yrs ago, so memory is dim now)], but copying across Tabs, Bookmarks, Notes, Custom Dictionary, History etc still works ok.
    .....................................................................................................
    Tower & Lappy = Maui 2.1 "Blue Tang" x64 Plasma 5.8.4.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.