Searching via Quick Commands adding "+" to search results, breaking some search engines
I was trying to setup a custom search today on a site, and since it used a weird syntax, Vivaldi wouldn't do the normal song and dance to just add it, and I had to do it manually, which mostly worked. But I noticed that it was still behaving strangely. Every search I did had an extra plus sign + in it. This is easy duplicated by pressing F2 and just typing "g test" and hitting enter, and looking at what is in the address field. This doesn't happen if you search from the address bar or search bar.
It doesn't break most search engines, but sites that use non-standard search engines, it is kind of a pain for. Is there a work around, or some alternative to %s as a variable I could use.
Windows 7 x64
1.7.725.3 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Although I doubt this is build/system specific.
Another poster was having a similar problem a long time ago, but never got any feedback or resolution that I could see.
@Saucermote Hi. I actually reported this as issue VB-18596 back in june 2016, and it doesn't appear to be fixed yet. It's quite annoying, and I don't know of any workaround.