Video not playing on some sites

• Ok, so I just installed vivaldi a few days ago, and it looks something with a great potential.
    I am working in sw / hw development, and because of web technologies , i browse hundreds ( if not thousands ) of webpages a day ..
    The problem is that quickly I have noticed that vivaldi have problems with ( embedded ) video playing .
    The problem occurs with embeded HTML5 videos, and most frequently it seems to be a problem to operate the ffmpeg - but not always .
    I have seen this problem on many sites small independent sites (lately it was tumblr ) .

My computer is running win7 64 sp3 , and it is a new install ( maybe a week ) .
    I do not have any special codec or codec pack installed , no flash , and no special graphic drivers or gpu utilities - in fact , 95% of my computer is portable apps and not installed ( .. but not vivaldi ).

VIvaldi is 1.6.689.40 (Stable channel) (32-bit) .

I find this bug quit serious because this is exactly the kind of feature that would make users abandon a new software that they are trying . Video playing on todays is a must , and it is much more important from a user POV than interface tweaks . It is a core feature , and not having it work correctly ( I have seen a LOT of video related problems here ) is just like having a browser that can not render a DOM - and in the case of a new browser , one can not ask users to install other packs , or 3rd party software for it to work, in a time where many people are actually choosing the browser based on a criteria that it would help them AVOIDING 3rd party ( browser as multiple replacement ).

Now - don't get me wrong , This is really a welcomed project from my point of view - any new browser is , and you guys made a really great work ( I do like vivaldi .. ) but in order for it to be successful ( and for me to recommend it to my peers ) - core feature must work :-)

BTW - same problematic videos work just fine in FF , Chrome , and even IE ( !! )

You did not give any information where this issue happend. So we cant check it.
    And we need some information about:

• Hardware acceleration
      Open vivaldi://gpu
      Check for red warnings in first section
    • GPU/Graphics hardware and driver

Most problems are related to video hardware acceleration or GPU graphic driver incompatibility.

Try these:

• Open vivaldi://chrome/settings/search#hardw
      Disable hardware acceleration

• Open vivaldi://flags/#disable-accelerated-video-decode
      Disable

• @Gwen-Dragon Hi . Thanks for the quick reply , and I am very sorry for my own very late reply .
    First - Thanks for the small tip of vivaldi://gpu.
    Second - After posting here , I DID went and updated windows ( along with some graphic drivers ) - and it all started to work ok .

I must say however ( again ) that even if I have resolved my personal problem, the video issue , IMHO , is not a trivial one , and upgrading / updating the system just for the sake of the browser , like I did , is not something that normal user would want, or even know how to , do .. The updating process itself took me 3 hours :-)

Anyhow, on another note , non-video related issues , this browser is really cool, and all the people working on it are doing a really amazing job... so thanks . :-)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.