Weird Purple plus sign

• whenever i watch videos from the EXPOSED TRUTH channel i get a weird purple plus sign popping up on top of the tab. its only videos from this peculiar channel (visiting the channel page itself doesn't make the purple plus sign show up) and i don't have it with other videos i watch. as far as i know ive not encountered this before so im not sure wether this is an extension of some sort.

does anyone know what this might be?

http://i.imgur.com/B7ajRdp.png

• Vivaldi Translator

@Endless_Slumber
    Probably better if you provide the site so anyone could check what's that really is.

• well, i can give you a random video from the channel but it shows up on most if not all videos of this particular channel for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nj9rbL2-Do

sorry for the subject matter, watching conspiracy videos is a guilty pleasure of mine :)

• It's the site changing the favicon using JavaScript, like for example this forum does when someone responds to your message. It may also be some browser extension changing it to notify you of something. I have no idea what that specific purple plus sign means.

• i already tried disabling all extensions(of which i have like 5) and refreshing the pages. i've never heard of youtube channels being able to change your favicon. i think that would be all over the place if possible. i don't mean to make a big deal about it but it does kinda puzzle me. never seen anything like it before.

• Vivaldi Translator

@Endless_Slumber
    It's not extensions responsibility.
    Maybe the channel owner (because it's Youtube) turning on something. I don't post on Youtube.

Just my 2 cents, that's a "Please Subscribe" icons.

On many social media sites a number like (XX) in pages'S title means: XX new feeds/comments/posts.

The title of the page of your video has a number in parentheses.
    Vivaldi thinks this may be the number of new feeds/posts/comments/etc.

• @Gwen-Dragon said:

On many social media sites a number like (XX) in pages'S title means: XX new feeds/comments/posts.

The title of the page of your video has a number in parentheses.
    Vivaldi thinks this may be the number of new feeds/posts/comments/etc.

Oh, that must be it. I had no idea of such a feature. :) But when I looked at the image more closely, the sign is partly outside of the favicon. And now that I bothered to open the video, I see a similar plus sign but the circle is blue.

2017 new messages!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.