"New Tab Position: After Related Tab" not respected when using mouse gesture "Open Link in New Tab"

• Hopefully this is how to report bugs? I'm not used to the forum format. :)

Vivaldi 1.7.725.3 (Official Build) dev (64-bit) on Linux

To reproduce

1. In "Vivaldi Settings: Tabs" > "New Tab Position", choose "After Related Tabs".
    2. Visit http://example.com
    3. Use a "down" mouse gesture over the "More information…" link:
      2.1. Hover over the "More information…" link.
      2.2. Hold down the right mouse button.
      2.3. Drag down some distance.
      2.4. Release the right mouse button

Expected

New tab opens next to the active tab (or the other tabs opened from this one). This behavior is seen if you replace the gesture in step 3 with:

1. Right click on the "More information…" link and select "Open Link in New Tab".

Actual

Tab is opened at the end of the tab list.

• @lastorset
    I could confirm this.
    Unlike Firefox Tab Mix Plus extension, where we can tweak what "After Related Tabs" mean, there's no option for that in Chromium overall.
    It effect normal use of open link in tab, not just mouse gestures as you said.

The only usable option is "After Active Tab", which do as it said. "As Last Tab" is default Chromium.
    Common other options on Chrome "Tab Opening" extensions.

• After active tab.
    • Before active tab.
    • As first tab.

These three are the only options that not eventually come buggy one day or another.

• Gestures are pretty much the only way I open new tabs, so I hit this a few dozen times a day. :)

• Has this issue been put on the "things to fix list" for developers?
    I'm using Linux Mint 64bit cinnamon, Vivaldi snapshot 1.16.1279.3 (latest version as of now), but it seems like this still happens (a related tab, which is supposed to be opened right next to the current tab, instead goes all the way to the right).

For instance, you can visit Vivaldi's official Japanese blog ( https://jp.vivaldi.net/browsers/ ).
    If you open any of the links in new tab using the right click context menu, it respects "related tab" option and opens it right next to the current tab.
    However, mouse gesture for opening a link as a new tab opens the same link in a new tab being placed all the way to the right end of the tab bar.

@ysul0614 The "things to fix" list is several thousand items long. Everything is on it.

That said, it seems to work properly here, on Windows. I will have to fire up the Linux box to test it further.

@ysul0614 OK, so now I tried the same link on the same page in both Windows and Linux Mint. It worked in Windows, but not in Mint. Would you be so kind as to read this tutorial and file a bug report? If you do so, I will confirm the bug backstage in our bugtracker, and it will get more attention.

• @ayespy Bug report has been filed as VB-42821. Thank you for your assistance.

@ysul0614 Alright. Confirmed.

• FWIW I'm not using mouse gestures for new tabs but for me (Win7 + Win10) new tabs regulary (but not consistantly and reproducable) are opened at various positions beside "after acitive tab"

I'm using open link in new tab, "+", search results and bookmarks for opening new tabs and so far I haven't figured out if there is a dependency.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.