Question about the latest version.

• Hello everyone,
    I am new to the forum and I am also a new Vivaldi user.
    I am still trying to find my way fully (obviously), but I seem to like the browser.

However, I am slightly confused where the latest version is concerned: I use 1.6.689.40, as downloaded from the Vivaldi website, this appears to be the latest version.
    But I have often seen a mention of a version 1.7, which does not appear anywhere on the website.
    Is that a beta, or where does that mention come from?
    I came across it when I was looking through the forum for a screenshot extension.

Thank you in advance for any input.
    :raised_hand_tone3:

• @mrfdes

Yes you are using the latest stable version but there is also a beta/snapshot version which you could find here.

At the right side you can see download link for the snapshot.

• @LongLife Lovely.
    Thank you for your quick reply.

• Is it a one or the other choice? Can the two versions be used separately?

• @NineWest
    vivaldi-snapshot and vivaldi-stable install and run as two independent applications.
    You can run and install both.

• @CantankRus
    I was hoping that would be the case but couldn't find anything in the forums that gave a definite answer by searching. Thanks

@NineWest - They don't automatically install side-by-side in Windows (Linux, yes, Windows no). You have to install one as "regular" (no installer changes) and then you have to select "advanced" for the other in the installer, and install it as standalone in another folder. Once you do that, they won't affect each other - but you do have to take care to install them separately.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.