Very slow/unusable "Quick Commands" feature

• I too have a lot of bookmarks. Not sure how to find the count, I'm guessing a couple hundred. There is a delay after the first keystroke where the whole application freezes for about 5 seconds. So the "Quick Commands" feature is for practical purposes unusable.

Not sure what is going on here? Better data structures or string search algorithm needed perhaps?

Re: "Filter Quick Commands" with a lot of bookmarks very slow

• @rog1039 Oh, is that why? (I never knew and just decided to ignore the feature.)

I guess that makes sense given that I have several hundred bookmarks (not sure how to find out how many either).

• Honestly, I'm not sure if that is the reason but there seem to be several reports on the forum of this issue and the people reporting the issue seem to have a lot of bookmarks (more than 100).

It's certainly a strange problem to have on a modern computer. I would be less surprised if this were to happen if I had 30,000 bookmarks. I think I only have several hundred so it seems even a poor algorithm should still be so fast as to not even freeze the application so perhaps something else is causing this issue.

I think the only people who could answer this would be the people who wrote the code for this feature.

• Vivaldi Translator

Already Reportbug it; VB-24920

Meanwhile, till this got handled, as a workaround;
    Quick Command trick

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.