Updating common.css

• Since I use custom.css, I need to update common.css after each browser update.

The following code works for me:

#!/usr/bin/env bash

sudo sed -i.bak -e '[email protected] "custom.css";\' /opt/vivaldi-snapshot/resources/vivaldi/style/common.css

• @aesouza
    Nice. Upvote you.
    Give a warning to new sed-ers or linux-ers that -i flag is overwrite without question. It could be disastrous due we run it as root here.

• @dLeon said in Updating common.css:

@aesouza
    Nice. Upvote you.
    Give a warning to new sed-ers or linux-ers that -i flag is overwrite without question. It could be disastrous due we run it as root here.

Well, using -i.bak would leave the user with a back-up. But, as you point out, editing system files can be dangerous but there's no other option in this case.

I wonder if the devs would consider having @import "custom.css"; always present as the first line in common.css and setting things so that even if there's no custom.css the browser would still work. That way, there would be no need for users to keep adding that line.

• @aesouza
    They're already plan to handle that.
    It would point to user profile as it suppose to be.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.