Vivaldi continues to run when closed if download is in progress.

• If I close Vivaldi while a download is in progress a number of vivaldi-bin processes continue to run and the download continues.
    When the download finishes the vivaldi-bin processes remain running even through a subsequent restart and closing of Vivaldi.
    I need to run killall vivaldi-bin to close all processes.

Background sync and background apps are both disabled.vivaldi://chrome/settings/search#background

glen@Xenial:~$ vivaldi --version
    Vivaldi 1.6.689.46

glen@Xenial:~$ inxi -S
    System:    Host: Xenial Kernel: 4.4.0-59-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Unity 7.4.0  Distro: Ubuntu 16.04 xenial

• @CantankRus -- Does this still happen even if you've unticked "Continue running background apps when Vivaldi is closed" under System in chrome://settings/search#a/ ?

• @Steffie
    @CantankRus said in Vivaldi continues to run when closed if download is in progress.:

Background sync and background apps are both disabled. vivaldi://chrome/settings/search#background

Yes. Also tested in a vivaldi new default profile.

• @CantankRus -- in that case, my solitary remaining contribution is to mutter "oh bugger!".

• @Steffie said in Vivaldi continues to run when closed if download is in progress.:

@CantankRus -- in that case, my solitary remaining contribution is to mutter "oh bugger!".

If you're using Linux can you test? Thanks.

• @CantankRus -- ooh, that was unpleasant! It misbehaved exactly as you said, so i also had to kill all the residual processes b4 i was willing to relaunch V. Not Nice.
    ..............................................................................................................................................
    Tower's SSD = Linux Maui 2.1 "Blue Tang" x64 Plasma 5.8.4.
    V SS = 1.7.725.3 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)

• @Steffie
    Yes, I'll file a bug. Thanks for testing.
    (VB-24935) Vivaldi continues to run when closed if download is in progress.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.