Be able to get rid of on/off toggle panel

• I want to be able to get rid of on/off toggle panel and call bookmarks/downloads from horizontal main menu. It saves some screen space and toggle panel is not on the way when you are working with two monitors.

• Use the F4 shortcut to show/hide the bookmarks panel. There are also shortcuts available for Show next/previous panel (Alt F7, Alt Shift F7). If you master those few shortcuts, you can manage fine without the Panels Toolbar. (The panel toggle is something else).

The bookmarks menu suggestion is already in the Feature Requests thread.

• @Pesala I do not want to have even that tiny panel on the left of my screen. Its annoying sometimes when you work with 2 monitors.
    Thanks

• @T1m123 You do not need to have even the Panel Toggle on the screen. The F4 shortcut will show/hide the last used panel, e.g. Bookmarks being the most frequently used. To show Downloads, use Alt F7; then F4 to close it.

• Thanks for your input Pesala.
    alt text
    This picture illustrates a very common scenario. Vivaldi on the right screen, some other document (or browser) on the left screen. Scrolling bar and vivaldi toggle (with show bar icon in it) are so close to each other. When I try to navigate the docs, toggle pops up. I checked settings->view and do not see any option to remove. I do not want it at all. I want to be able to call everything from main menu above, it will avoid nuisance and give me some screen area.

• @T1m123 I think you two misunderstood each other...

@Pesala Told you that you can disable that toggle and you can use shortcut F4 to bring up side panel. Go to settings>>panel and uncheck "Show Panel Toggle"

alt text

• @T1m123
    Vivaldi settings > Panel Settings > Panel Options > Show Panel Toggle.

Edit:
    Ugh, LogLife faster. lol.

• Tim said: " I want to be able to get rid of on/off toggle panel and call bookmarks/downloads from horizontal main menu."

Thanks Pesala. Yes, I can disable show/hide the bookmarks panel, but then I have to recall it by F4 - there is no way to recall them through main menu.

• @T1m123 said in Be able to get rid of on/off toggle panel:

Tim said: " I want to be able to get rid of on/off toggle panel and call bookmarks/downloads from horizontal main menu."

Thanks Pesala. Yes, I can disable show/hide the bookmarks panel, but then I have to recall it by F4 - there is no way to recall them through main menu.

Well if you really need a button you can turn on status bar...and you'll have toggle button there.

Settings>>Appearance>>Status Bar>> Check "Show Status Bar"

alt text

You'll be able to open sidebar using the button that I pointed in the picture.

• @T1m123 If you must, you can use the Main Menu, View, Bookmarks Panel, or Panel, but it's much easier with the shortcuts.

0_1484350702964_Show Panels.png

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.