email handler

• In my other chromium browser, slimjet, when I open gmail it presents an icon in the address bar, through which I can install a gmail service handler that causes gmail to handle all mail links in the browser. So if I click on a mail-to link, gmail is opened.

But in Vivaldi (1.6.689.46 on Linux), no icon appears, and there doesn't seem to be a way to make gmail the mail handler.

Am I missing something? Thanks.

@paul1149 - Vivaldi doesn't properly do mailto: yet. Since it will have its own embedded mail client, it might not be in a hurry to adopt other mail handlers. Then of course there's the fact that Vivaldi, while it uses the Chromium engine, is not a "chromium browser" like most, because its UI is divorced from the engine, while others use a modified Chromium UI. So it's hard to say how easy it would be to adopt the icon Slimjet uses.

• Thanks, @Ayespy. I hope provision is made for this, as I'm not sure whether I will migrate to the onboard mailer when it appears.

BW.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.