[Bug] Editing the address in the address bar redirects to search results.

• If you are at some site for example microsoft.com/blah/blah and you edit the address to remove the blah/blah it redirects you to the search (DuckDuckGo) searching for microsoft.com instead of stepping up the site tree.

Since I am doing some web development, if I wish to access a page that is not linked this is very frustrating.

• This seems like a stupid question but how do you edit the address?

I tried to reproduce this - using your microsoft link - even with different settings for the addressbar (show full url on/off; search suggestions on/off) but couldn't get your result neither for:

• clicking in the urlbar and double click the "wrong" words and delete them via backspace
    • nor via clicking in the urlbar once and a second time behind the last word and deleting them via backspace
    • nor via "Ctrl+L" to set the focus to the urlbar and than deleting them via backspace

After deleting /blah/blah and hitting enter afterwards I always got redirected to microsoft.com/de-de (because of german keyboard layout I guess) and that's it.

Did I do anything different to your way of erasing those words?

Tested this with win 7 32bit on viv 1.7.721.3 32bit

(btw is there a different way to erase words in urlbar??)

• This particular bug appears to have been fixed. I substituted microsoft as an example, but the bug seemed to have been only limited to intranet sites which do not have a TLD and I can't effectively post a link to my intranet site.

Due to a still unfixed bug in onunload I am prevented from using Vivaldi regularly, but it updated today to 1.7 so I decided to check on the bugs I have to deal with.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.