How to resize Menu /bookmark Bars? (similar to add ons in firefox)

• Hello
    Really hope some one can help me re resizing the bookmarks bar in Vivaldi.

I love Vivaldi but use cyberfox as their are plenty of resizing apps available.I see none for vivaldi.which is a pain because my eyesight is poor.and it is no good changing the font size in windows its a mess and everything ends up out of balance.

so was hoping maybe by now vivaldi as a font size changer for all the menu bars ideally but certainly the menu and bookmarks bars(minimum)

many thanks in advance
    Steve

• @rcyachtman Does "Tools/Settings/Appearance - User Interface Zoom" not adjust things the way you want?

• @rcyachtman The entire GUI can be scaled in Settings, Appearance. This will mean fewer speed dial columns, but it does solve the problem with small text on menus and dialogues.

• Hello
    and many thanks for your prompt replies, much appreciated.
    afraid normal settings does not alter the size of menu bars,well not as far as I can see anyway.
    I have tried in the past to use speed type dials but got stuck with them
    and was hoping for simpler solution

please keep ideas coming and should we discover one I will download vivaldi again

• @rcyachtman Try again. UI Zoom does change the size of the menus.

0_1484155368924_Large Menus.png

Specs: AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb on Win 7 64-bit •Snapshot 1.7.715.3

• @rcyachtman said in How to resize Menu /bookmark Bars? (similar to add ons in firefox):

normal settings does not alter the size of menu bars

It does for me :confused:
    Are you sure you looked at UI zoom and NOT the zoom slider on the Status bar (which is TAB Zoom)?

Edit: It increases the TABS/Bookmarks Bar etc.
    It does NOT however, increase the size of the Vivaldi menu dropdowns, if that is what you mean.

• Hello
    using the slider at bottom of vivaldi page does not increase the size of the bookmarks menu?
    so can you explain how the other method works please as I am an old guy not a techno whizz

• @Pesala
    sorry do not understand the terminology
    if you can explain how to increase the bookmarks bar font size and other menu bars would be a great help

The setting for the User Interface is broken, it does not increase size of menu font.
    The bug is known, and need not to be reported.

• @rcyachtman said in How to resize Menu /bookmark Bars? (similar to add ons in firefox):

Hello
    using the slider at bottom of vivaldi page does not increase the size of the bookmarks menu?
    so can you explain how the other method works please as I am an old guy not a techno whizz

As is suggested (and @Pesala gave a screenshot)
    Open Vivaldi menu and Select

1. Tools
    2. Settings
    3. Appearance

Then under "User Interface Zoom" (see @Pesala screenshot) move the slider to increase magnification.

But this increases the size of the Toolbars - not the actual menus.
    Still I hope it helps a little bit until the Bug @Gwen-Dragon referred to is fixed.

It also increase the panel items, maybe that also helps?

May be you can increase the font size if you increase the Zoom in Windows systemsettings.

if you can explain how to increase the bookmarks bar font size and other menu bars would be a great help

My screen shot shows you how to do it in Settings Appearance.

The Bookmarks Bar font, the Bookmarks Panel font, and all other GUI fonts increase in size. Try 130%.

Context menus and text in drop lists are not enlarged by the UI Zoom setting.

• @Gwen-Dragon
    Hi
    Sorry does not work at all well,causes more problems than it solves but thanks anyway

@rcyachtman text size settings should be done in Windows, said a developer.
    What is your problem to chnage the text size in Windows?

I could change textsize for menus in Windows to 14 and increased Vivaldi User Interface Zoom to 125%.
    That is nice for my decreased sight.

please explain, accessability is important, even for us ol' guys and gals.

• @Gwen-Dragon
    Hello gwen and all others who have kindly answered my question

Lets make clear that the slider zoom in vivaldi as no relevance to the Font sizes in the menus(Booksmarks e.t.c.)
    I understand something is broken? not sure what that is,,(sorry for being so dim)
    so maybe I must wait to increase font sizes (permanently)I wish them to be set at say 15 or 16 ? without having to redo them all the time.

I will download vivaldi again and try out what some of you have advised and let you know if anything helped.
    In Firefox their are extensions which do exactly what I am looking for very simply, with no hassle

all the best Steve

Lets make clear that the slider zoom in Vivaldi has no relevance to the Font sizes in the menus (Booksmarks e.t.c.)

The slider on the Status Bar affects only the web page, but we are talking about the UI Zoom slider in Settings, Appearance. This does affect the UI font size (except for context menus). Increasing the UI Zoom will mean that fewer folders or folders will fit on the Bookmarks Bar, The Tabs will also get bigger, with bigger title text. The bookmarks panel text will get bigger too, but not the text on the bookmarks bar folders when they are opened.

• This is a serious and really annoying issue. To be clear, Settings -> Appearance -> User Interface Zoom does NOT change the size of Vivaldi menu fonts which are so tiny they are illegible.

Vivaldi 1.7.735.46-1 on Ubuntu

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.