Not able to close the Settings window

• I've opened the Settings, but the close button isn't working. Ctrl+w also won't close it. I'm using v1.0.94.2 on Elementary OS Gala.

Alt+F4 should close it.

(Actually, that's a Windows command, and it worked for me. I can't try vivaldi on my Linux machine because the box is only 32-bit.)

• @Ayespy:

Alt+F4 should close it.

(Actually, that's a Windows command, and it worked for me. I can't try vivaldi on my Linux machine because the box is only 32-bit.)

Does the same in Ubuntu.

Yay. Thanks Romulo.

• I ran into this bug earlier (in Windows), apparently related to editing the search engines. In Windows 7, I closed it from the task bar (when you hover the Vivaldi item on the task bar, Windows 7 shows thumbnails of each Vivaldi window with an x on the thumbnail so you can close that window).

Hm. Good to keep in mind. I'm sure one could do the same here on Win8.1. I've not seen a Linux taskbar that has the Windows Peek feature - and without that, you couldn't close it that way.

• Alt+F4 worked, thanks. But the question still remains, why didn't the Close button work?

@sgunhouse it's nice to see you again :) I'm happy to find the old Opera Community folks coming back!

It's a bug. It's been mentioned so often so many places since this build was released, the devs have to be aware of it by now. I'm sure they'll address it.

• Vivaldi Team

@Ayespy:

It's a bug. It's been mentioned so often so many places since this build was released, the devs have to be aware of it by now. I'm sure they'll address it.

We are fully aware of it! :)

//Christian
    Vivaldi Technologies.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.