So Vivaldi startup is still making unwanted connections, notably to Google servers

• I've disabled everything Google-y in settings and vivaldi:flags but the browser is still connecting to Google servers on startup.

That forces me to block the IP ranges 172.217.0.0/16 and 216.58.192.0/19 which also breaks a lot of sites including the google.com search, which I do want to be able to navigate to and use.

I really wish they would clean out this stuff from the distro and keep it out. At the least, just give us the same flags overview that Firefox has (just run Firefox and type about:config) where it includes https strings for internal functions. That way I could null them and manually prevent the browser from doing this.

@dib_ said in So Vivaldi startup is still making unwanted connections, notably to Google servers:

At the least, just give us the same flags overview that Firefox has

Please, for such features you should ask Chromium developers who make the code base for Vivaldi.

Did you try: vivaldi://flags ?

• @Gwen-Dragon Haha. Yeah, ask people affiliated with Google to do something that would hurt Google's business interest. I'm sure they'd get right on top of that. Then I'll ask them if they could stop integrating Google apps into Android, and maybe ease up on pushing their Google accounts.

@dib_ OK, i am not really satisified (like you are not) with the privacy Chromium childrens currently have.

Well, then you have to wait until Vivaldi devs will have copied all Firefox config and privacy features to Vivaldi, that will be in some years.
    OK. No time to wait?

You cant send a feature request/bug report to Vivaldi.

How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi:
    Please describe as precisely as you can and report the bug at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/.
    You will get a bug confirmation mail and in a reply to this mail you can add more information and files as attachments for the testers and bug tracking team.
    Thanks in advance.

Privacy issues are relevant for Vivaldi as i know. But adding more privacy features will consume much power at this time.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.