LightSribe

• Anyone still using this awesome technology? Recently I heard in shop that they stopped producing Lightsribe discks :( The website is down too. Why are they killing it?

After upgrading to Windows 10 I tried to install LightSribe drivers. But couldn't. Windows told me it's not compatible. And that's it. It forbid me from installing LightSribe. But I haven't given up. I just unpacked the installation files using some program found on the net. And put everything in its place - call it a manuall installation. And guess what? Everything is working fine without a problem. It's fully compatible with Windows 10. But it really worries me. What if Microsoft decides next that Libre Office is incompatible? Or any other browser than Edge? Or any app not bought from their store? I don't have control of my OS anymore (well, it's been disappearing for some time already, but the future is really grim).

PS. Or maybe you were fans of LabelFlash? I considered it better than Lightsribe but it disappeared really quickly :(

I assume you mean "LightScribe"? I've been using it at some point and I still have a LightScribe compatible DVD writer installed in my PC, but to be honest I stopped recording discs years ago. I found USB flash drives and external hard drives more convenient and useful, and in most cases, they completely suit my needs.

I haven't even bothered installing the LightScribe drivers after switching to Win10 some year and a half ago or even earlier when I moved from Win7 to Win8. In many cases it didn't even work properly, some discs had only half of the image printed or they were completely blurred, so it was quite frustrating to get the output right and I remember throwing away a handful of CDs or DVDs that were printed incorrectly with LightScribe. That's why I'm not missing it. 😒

I think, I still have some spare discs laying around in the depths of my closets - maybe I'll need them one day, I don't know... 😄

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.