Permitting Extensions to Run on Local Files

• Editing my local TiddlyWiki file in Vivaldi is part of my everyday workflow, but it's not quite as comfortable or convenient as I would like it to be. For example, I would like to be able to use CVim to navigate page elements like I do for online sites, and Wasavi for manipulating text input fields. Now, apparently this is possible in Chrome if one adds file:///* to the list of exceptions in chrome://settings/contentExceptions#plugins, but the closest equivalent in Vivaldi seems to be 'Unsandboxed Plugin Access' under 'Content Settings,' and adding said exception here hasn't had the desired effect.

Not being able to use extensions with local files, or system pages, etc. in Chrome was always something that I found utterly maddening, and I didn't think there was any way to get around it... Please tell me that there is a way to get around it in Vivaldi ;)

EDIT: I figured out that ticking the "allow access to file URLs" checkbox for a given extension in the extension manager is exactly what I was looking for, although it doesn't seem to be available for all extensions—Wasavi included, unfortunately.

• @purgatori said in Permitting Extensions to Run on Local Files:

Not being able to use extensions with local files, or system pages, etc. in Chrome was always something that I found utterly maddening, ...

EDIT: I figured out that ticking the "allow access to file URLs" checkbox for a given extension in the extension manager is exactly what I was looking for, although it doesn't seem to be available for all extensions—Wasavi included, unfortunately.

Thanks for the tip! Now the Stylish extension works for local html files too!

• @aesouza :) Glad my post was of some use to someone!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.