Enabling Crash Reporting

• In the most recent period, Vivaldi has crashed 3 times in the last hour, sort of unexpected. I went to the crash IDs, which were documented but not sent.
    0_1483607036863_VB-FireShot Pro Screen Capture #231 - 'Crashes' EDIT.png
    This page says "Crash Reporting is Disabled" The link to enable goes to Google Chrome with instructions that aren't applicable to Vivaldi. https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/96817.

0_1483607234279_VB-FireShot Pro Screen Capture #232 - 'Start or stop automatically reporting errors & crashes - Computer - Chrome Help' EDIT.png

Here is the remedy in Vivaldi

0_1483606765087_2017-01-05.png

I couldn't find anywhere in the search functions on this forum or the FAQ about this topic. #Istillapprovethisbrowser.

Infrastructure for crash reports to devs of Vivaldi.com is not ready yet.

Please have a look in profile at Vivaldi\User Data\Crashpad you may send a bugreport and attach the relevant file.

How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi:
    Please describe as precisely as you can and report the bug at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/.
    You will get a bug confirmation mail and in a reply to this mail you can add more information and attach files for the testers and bug tracking team.
    Thanks in advance.

• Gwen-Dragon,

I didn't find it in Vivaldi\User Data\Crashpad but I did find it here:

C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Crashpad\reports

There are 13 files there that correspond with the number of crashes in the program. I have these in other formats, but this is an example.

0_1483694578960_Crash Summary_Page_1.jpg

0_1483694536306_Crash Summary_Page_2.jpg

I have sent a zipped and RAR compressed files of the dump in particular along with a PDF generated from the clipboard gleaned from Visual Studio. Does your squad want all of the dump files from said folder? I can get them to you, however, it's needed. I have a broadband connection here, but Winter Weather is on its way in the Carolinas, so it may be subject to power interruptions as we get snow once a year here, but we never get used to it.

@DamanGoldberg Thanks for your report.
    You can zip them, attch tme to the reply of the bugreport you send.

Normally we need the crashdump .dmp files which are related to the problem.
    Sending all would be problematical as the devs dont know under which circumstances that crash happend.
    If you can not reproduce the issue, please send them all with a good description what you had done before.
    I hope the devs can fiddle out what may have happened.

• @Gwen-Dragon As far as I can tell, these are not reproducible steps, just out of the blue crashes. VS Community 2015 is associated with the dump file format in Windows, but all it does that I can gather is enable the viewing and copying to clipboard a summary of said file. I'm not a developer, so I wouldn't know how to fix or interpret, other than the modules associated with it, which makes some sense. I will send .zip files as most programs and platforms can read it, opposed to .rar files.

@DamanGoldberg Ah, ok. Then send all files.
    Yes, Zip is ok.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.