Links Open to Blank Tabs

• When I click a link that opens a new tab only a blank white page is displayed. I can see the new tab loading data but it never shows any content. This happens on any link I click that opens a new tab. If I copy the URL out of the address bar on the blank tab and then paste it into a new tab that I manually open, the page displays normally.

This has been happening for the past few versions. I have tried disabling extensions and plug-ins (all two of them) and it didn't help. I am currently using 1.6.689.40 (Stable channel) (32-bit).

@rlamos - a very few users have reported this. The developers and internal testers can't replicate it.

Do you use any extensions?

• @Ayespy For extensions, I have Cisco WebEx Extension 1.0.1. For plug-ins I have Widevine Content Decryption Module - Version: 1.4.8.903 and the Chromium PDF viewer.

After disabling all three, closing and re-opening the browser, then re-enabling and finally close/re-opening again the problem has stopped. I am hopeful, however the issue has stopped from time to time in the past.

• @rlamos Well, that was short lived. Its back to doing it again. No changes since last post, just normal use.

• @Ayespy I just noticed something that may also be interesting. The issue only happens if I left click a link that is going to open the new tab. If I right click that same link and select open in new tab, it works.

@rlamos - please file a bug report with that exact info, and including some sample URLs containing the problem links.

• It happens, somethimes, when oppening PDF files.

• @Ayespy Reported.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.